Assignment 1 - Performer

Hello,

I’m a little confused with the PERFORMER process of Assignment 1:

• I have UiDemo_Walktrhough v1.1 PDF but I feel there are information missing e.g. I access the queue, I get QueueItems, I pass QueueItem to PROCESS for further processing - is that correct?
  • I get the following error in PROCESS when trying to assign each local var with a queue item:
    “Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression:“Double.Parse(myTransactionItem(“CashIn”).ToString()).”
    Class “UiPath.Core.QueueItem” cannot be indexed because it has no default property”

Is there an updated instruction file? Is there a way to read QueueItems as strings?

Finally, in PERFORMER don’t I need a loop (for each item in QueueItems) → invoke the PROCESS sequence? unless I’m missing something.

Thank you,
Nikos

1 Like

Please go through the answers above and let me know if you need more explanations

3 Likes

That was very helpful.
May I ask another question? I went through the framework and the assignment very carefully, have followed all steps, and when running the main process, after logging-in, the first time it tries reading from the queue, I get the following error:

“Error getting transaction data for Transaction Number: 1. The given key was not present in the dictionary. at Source: Get Transaction Item”

Any ideas what might be wrong??

as you can see below. my queue has plenty of items…

Please check your QueueName Property of Get Transaction Item activity. It should same as in config file.

1 Like

Thank that was it. However, I have another problem:

Main passes (TranscationItem, Config) arguments to Process, and on the 1st sequence (where I read the items and put them on local variables), I get the following error (custom catch):

16:18:05.0000 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.Shared.Logging.OutputLogger] [5] Processing Transaction Number: 1
16:18:05.0000 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.Shared.Logging.OutputLogger] [13] CashIn:115.34, OnUsCheck: , NotOnUscheck:
16:18:05.0000 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.Shared.Logging.OutputLogger] [5] Throw Invalid Input: Input Data Invalid

So, it seems that in_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”).ToString gets data, while in_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“OnUsCheck”).ToString and in_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“NotOnUsCheck”).ToString don’t…

why is that?

That is the Business Exception we throw since OnUsCheck or NotOnUsCheck Value is not a number. (may be Characters or String Value).

Also Check your QueueItem details in Orchestrator.

I am facing similar issue – not able to retrieve data from orchestrator queue. In config file below value given. Can you please help to resolve this.
Name - OrchestratorQueueName
Value - ExcelTransactionList

while trying to execute the whole process or only GetTransactionData alone i am getting the below error .

Can you please share me the xaml file of main and GetTransactionData

Thanks for the reply.

UiDemo_Practice.zip (1.7 MB)

GetTransactionData.xaml – ReFrameWork-master\Framework folder
Main.xaml, Process.xaml – ReFrameWork-master folder
Config.xslx – ReFramework-master\Data folder

I Checked your Code in my system, it works fine. Since you have some checking condition (dbl_CashIn > 1000) failure. Other than that rest of the System works fine.

Also provide the KillAllProcesses Product name attribute must be “Uidemo”.

Check your credential for UiDemo App.

Thanks for checking . When i am executing getting the exception while assigning the values to variables in AssignData sequence of the process. Do you suggest any other options i can try to resolve this System.NullReferenceException.

can you Hardcode the Queuename in Get Transaction Item activity “ExcelTransactionList”. and see the output. Since I feel your configuration file not read properly.

This exception cause by the QueueItem from Orchestrator not get by your process. it returns null.

I did tried hard coding , but it was also of no use . Surprisingly when i ran the main.xaml everything ran perfect . All the items in queue got processed . Does it store the results anywhere to check ?

1 Like

Good. It won’t store anywhere, only you can see logs about transaction numbers.

I see outpane showing execution of transaction items but i dont see it typing cashin , onuscheck and notuscheck values on uidemo app.

Hi, i tried to use “TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”).ToString” for my type into activity to fill in the blanks on the UIDEMO application. How ever i got an error and have no clue on how to solve it. May i seek some assistance please?

It is working fine for me like this.
String.Format(“{0} and {1} and {2}”, out_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”),out_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“OnUsCheck”),out_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“NotonUsCheck”))