Assignment 1 "Object of reference not set to an instance of an Object" after testing System 1 Login Workflow

I cannot figure this error out for the life of me. Maybe I am missing something somewhere.

I have built out the Login System 1 workflow and when I go to test the individual Login System 1 Workflow I get the following error:

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity) at System.Activities.Variable1.PopulateDefault(ActivityExecutor executor, ActivityInstance parentInstance, Location location)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveVariable(Variable variable, ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveVariables(ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

please help

1 Like

Hi
Kindly check once with the variable associated with the activity where this error occured
and this error occurs only when that variable has null value in it or is passed with no value
–so the workarounds would be
–kindly check with the variable been passed has any value and for that use a write line activity and try to print that value that value so that we can validate whether it has value or not by looking on to the output panel
–next check on the arguments been passed correctly to the invoked worklfow
–and if the variables are obtaind from config file kindly check once with spelling of those variables and values in the config file
–Then check whether that config variable is sent properly to the arguments of the invoked workflow

hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification

Cheers @jessica.lewis

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response!

I guess since I am so new to this I am not really following what your mentioning to do. I also don’t really understand what the error means because there are multiple variables in this workflow, and I don’t see what activity it is giving that error for to help me narrow down which variable isn’t correct.

Here’s the pane whenever I run it in Debug Mode:

Here are my screen shots from my System 1 Login Workflow.

These are the variables from the System 1 Login Workflow

These are the arguments from the System 1 Login Workflow

These are the imported arguments from the GetAppCredential Workflow after being invoked in the System 1 Login Workflow

GetAppCredentials Worflow Aruguments

GetAppCredentials Workflow Variables

Would appreciate if you could attach the screenshot of the error screen.

Hello!

Thank you for your response. Is this what your referring too?

Yes thats correct. But could you move the error popup screen and then take the screenshot, so the underlying workflow is visible.

Thank you.