Assignment 1 errors

Hello all,

I have some errors on assignment one, I would like to get some feedback. I will add the info bellow (since there will be more that one).

This are the one’s that I dind’t get an answer based on previous opened opened topics by other members.

Best regards!

This issue is in Main > Init (state)
When using the assign activity WIList = dt_WIs.Select(“Type=‘WI5’ AND Status=‘Open’”)

It should have to do with the variables type.
I have datatable for both of them (based on the previous indications)?

Hi @iwishikn

WiList should be a datarow[] meaning an array of datarows, to choose this type of variable change it to array of [T] and in the popup choose browse and search for datarow.

I didn’t transform WiList to DataTable when I was doing my Assignment 1 because you want to have an array of datarows which makes it easier to access each transactionItem.

Regards,
Reda

2 Likes

Hii…

The result of ‘Select’ method will be an array of datarows. So you can either change the variable type of ‘WIList’ to 'System.Data.Datarow[] ’ or convert the datarow array to datatable.

That is, assign WIList = dt_WIs.Select(“Type=‘WI5’ AND Status=‘Open’”).CopyToDataTable

Best Regards,
Nimin

1 Like

Thank you. Good explanation :slight_smile: but I have a compilation error saying that ‘No Select Method is available’ for this type. This seems related more with in/out arguments honestly. This variable is obtained in the datatable_extract process (data scrapping sequence). The output from the scrapping is a datatable. But I also have an assignment there… something seems odd here