We have two licenses 1x UiPath Studio (node locked) and 1x Attended robot (named user). I’ve successfully set up studio and the license on one laptop for development and now I’m trying to set up the robot on production another. I’ve installed UiPath on this robot production laptop, but I’m having difficulty assigning the robot license to the robot laptop.
As we don’t have an Orchestrator License, I understand that I have to go through command line to activate the license. Following the instructions on this page: Licensing a Robot I’ve:
- Installed UiPath using the .msi installer (given by UiPath in their license invoice email).
- Opened command prompt as administrator
- Navigated to C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\
- Typed in regutil.exe activate /email=clientsEmailAddress /code=robotLicenseKey
The client’s email address is the one on the invoice
The license key is the robot one provided on the invoice
Nothing is returned by this step. I get no feedback about whether this was successful or not.
- Typed in regutil.exe get-info
The license info I get from this says that there are 0 attended robots. (It also gives the license status as 3).
I’ve tried to contact support directly, but they are slow to respond, and this issue is now causing delays in moving processes into production. So I’m hoping the community can help!