Asset - Copy selected assets from One Orchestrator URL to another Orch URL

I have multiple assets created in a test Orchestrator URL. I require to copy or create the selected assets into another Orchestrator URL.
Do we have any facility to download the assets and upload in bulk in another URL

2 Likes

Not at present as far as I know. I did this using Excel. I exported all of the assets to a sheet in Excel, created a SQL Script using some formulae such as "INSERT INTO dbo.AssetValues VALUES " + A1 (you get the idea…)

I think there is probably a better way of doing this but I was under time constraints. The optimal way would be to export the values to a file and then create a new table in the new database by doing CREATE TABLE as SELECT * from file - but this didn’t work as well as I’d expected it should.

1 Like

Just curious since I might also need this, can’t we just copy the table to new database from old one(import/export wizard may be)? Then append records to the existing table or keep the new one?

I tried with the Import Export Wizard but was getting loads of errors so due to time constraints I just used Excel (took about an hour tops). @qateam we do need an easier way of moving assets/credentials from one environment to another please.

2 Likes

thanks I will try excel approach. ALso we need to analyse from server side if we can get the table name which handles the assets we can use scripts

1 Like

Moved to User Voice - Ideas - may already be an idea but the import / export function for assets is really important in my opinion.

1 Like

Duplicate:

1 Like

Hi Richard,

I have 2 orchestrator URL’S of each of version 2017 and 2018 , and now i wanted to replicate all my assets from version 2017 to 2018 .As there are some 400+ assets…if i do it manually it would take a lot of time…so can anyone help me with a solution .

Thanks in Advance …!