Application turns not responding

When adding a file of 84mb inside the application, it turns not responding and then eventually fails, it happens each time we run the bot. Can anyone help with any alternate way where my bot can handle this situation.

@manisha.k.chand

Manually are you able to add?

And what steps are you doing to wait?

Cheers

Yes Manually, if we stop the bot we are able to add but if the bot is running in the bg and we use delay and do it manually then again it stays stuck.
The steps include searching for the file in file explorer and then clicking on open to add it in the application.

Hi @manisha.k.chand,

Try setting the Wait for Ready property to Complete.

Alternatively, try to debug the code step by step instead of running to find the exact issue.

@manisha.k.chand

it says stuck after upload step is done right? after taht are you using any loop or anything to continuously check if file is uploaded?

is it stuck doing that?

cheers

Hi in studioX we don’t have the debug option

no after the addition of the files it goes to not responding state and it does not process the file…when opened using the application it should process but it goes to not responding state and all the click activity after that fails because the screen is stuck.

@manisha.k.chand

Try to use hardware events input method instead of simulate or window messages from start to end of attaching and checking it

Cheers

Hi @manisha.k.chand,

I think, the bot is trying to click on the next field before the file is completely uploaded. This could have caused the application to go unresponsive due to multiple actions.

Try adding a message box to pause the bot for a while after the file is uploaded. Check on the screen what it does and once you feel that the application is completely stable then click ok on the message box and see if it’s able to proceed further.

I hope this helps you to figure out the issue.

Cheers

Hi Tried this but still facing the same issue.

Hi @manisha.k.chand,

Would you be able to share the screenshots please ?

Hi, unfortunately my company doesn’t let me post snapshots of the workflow.