Append Range activity wrong data location

Hello,

I have a loop, reading a bunch of exile files to a temporary datatable, and then appending it to a single excel file with the “Append Range” activity.

Problem is, that the appended data starts from column J, instead of column A.
I have narrowed down the problem to the format of my destination excel file - the three header columns do not have data in all of the cells, and if I add anything in the empty cells, the activity works fine (yellow “test” cells in the screenshot).
Technically I could leave the dummy data and change the color to white, but I would prefer not to tinker with the destination. Any thoughts how i can avoid that?

1 Like

Fine
— hope these steps could help you resolve this
— use a build datatable activity and create a datatable with columns and name of columns we need. And get the output with a variable of type datatable and named Finaldt
— use a clear datatable activity and mention the input as Finaldt which would clear the empty rows and has only the column structure
— now use a excel application scope and pass the file path as input
— use a read range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named source_dt
— now use a merge datatable activity where pass the source as source_dt and destination property as Finaldt
Now the datatable will get merged
But make sure these stuffs when merging or even appending with merge datatable activity or append range activity like
— both the table should have same number of columns
— both Should have same order of columns
— both should have all the columns with similar datatype

Hope this would help you
Cheers @SSavickas