Another Studio feedback thread ;) (15 ideas to improve)

Modern Design Experience

Is not something I have so far fully positive experience…
So in general I like a lot of the features of Modern Design - Object Repository, Advanced Recorder, the Fuzzy and Image selectors fallback - all superb. BUT I believe the concept of creating new pack of activities for that was fortunately not a good one. At least till the time we still need to use both packs to achieve necessary actions (I will show you why).

9. Useless error messages

It seems like the Modern activites when they fail they are giving a very ““useful”” errors, about Selector Node fail but not saying what failed? Even the classic can do it.

10. Activities need a scope??

The concept is lovely - you build everything in a scope so you can do some bulk setup (input method), but then if you automate something that is going through a lot of new windows and popups of different selectors (window selectors) you are forced to either

• add new Use Application/Browser scope for that single activity or
  • put it somehow in… and then adjust the Window Selector and Selector (super unconvenient)
    and when I would as part of mentoring showing it to someone as the only possible solutions I feel so bad so I want to say: Better switch back to classic.

So - would it be possible to allow these activities to work without the need to be in scope?
EDIT Oct 2022: I kinda got used to it, and I understand now all the benefits, even though sometimes all the possible options bring a bit of confusion.

11. Use Browser/App is not having “Edit Selector” in hamburger menu

I think it could have it. Why not?

12. What about the Excel activities?

So it seems like if you use Modern the Excel activities are now different. They are those from Studio X. I mean - it is cool, they offer much more functionality. But what is the lookout for future? Will you still support and update the classic ones (all in general?). One can get pretty confused from all that.

13. Outlook activities

I also see that Outlook activities from StudioX are now possible to use with Studio and the old activities are still there

Here again I would be thinking: What should I use then?

In general you told me it is about opt-in opt-out and how anyone likes to work can choose between Modern and Classic. I would say it was not a good idea. It would be better to improve one pack of activities and not do this splitting.

As part of my work I teach people how to use UiPath, how to develop robots. In specially that moment it is so confusing for them. I don’t even know how to explain (I know there is a video on academy on that, but still) when which use. I would love to go with: You are fresh learning, stick with Modern , they are advanced - but then eventually there are moments where I had to replace the Use App/Browser by good old “Attach browser” because the first one was simply not working :frowning:

It is by my opinion very unfortunate. This classic-modern division… Really curious about your opinions.

PS: Another Orchestator ideas feedback (16 ideas & bug reports)

1 Like