Resolution when an asset that existed in Orchestrator goes missing.
Issue Overview: An asset that existed in Orchestrator went missing.
Root Cause: If an asset is deleted, it should be tracked in the audit logs. An asset should always have a record of it being created and if it was deleted, a record of it being deleted. If the audit logs do not show the asset being deleted, check user permissions.
An asset should never “go missing” without a record in the audit logs.
Diagnosing / Resolving the Issue:
- Verify that the asset was properly created by checking the audit logs. Make sure the time range is set to all time. Read more on Audit .
- If the asset has been deleted, the audit logs will show when and by whom. If the asset was deleted, contact the user that performed that operation.
- If the asset does not exist in the audit logs, that is an indication that it was never created.
- To verify this, try to see if there are any Robot logs where the asset was used.
- Most likely an automation that used that asset had the following error: Get Asset: Could not find an asset with this name. Error code: 1002
- Additionally, check user permission to make sure that the correct users have access to view the asset.
- If none of the above steps help, open a ticket with UiPath product support.