An activated license is seen as not activated

Installer(.exe or .msi):

License type(Free, Trial/License code):

Studio/Robot version:

Current behavior:

Screenshot:

Hello folks,

I have an interesting scenario here I think.

I was running the community edition in my dev environment which prior to this afternoon was not joined to a domain. After joining it to the domain I have lost the ability to start processes via windows task scheduler execution of a batch file and this worked literally one hour ago before I joined the domain.

Here is the batch file code…

UiRobot -file “C:\TimingChecks\Main.xaml”

Here is the windows task…

This is the full path in the ‘Start In’ field C:\Users\dnauser\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.5.0

And that is where the UiRobot.exe lives…

All of that looks good to me but when I run the process with the windows task it fails. I checked event viewer and I saw this error…

UiRobot 19.5.0.0
System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: To execute processes, please activate a license. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: To execute processes, please activate a license.
at UiPath.Service.Licenses.LicenseManager.d__6.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__25.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__10.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous l…)., HResult -2146233087

Alright, so there is a license issue…let’s check…

That seems to look like a valid license situation to me.

So I suppose my question is…how do I activate it?

This might be a piece of the issue. In joining the domain I had to create a user for the domain and in doing so we ended up in a situation like this

I am figuring this might be to blame. Note that I am logging in with the user profile on the left.

Hi @FireflySeason2,
First of all. You need to know that when you are working on local pc (not domain) your user account is kept locally on your computer. By adding this into domain your user account is migrated to domain or new account is created (depends). This changes the behavior of the account. You had your Studio installation on local account. By joining to domain SSID of the user is different and fresh AppData folder is being created. This means that your Studio installation is not recognizing your current user. Additionally ntuser.dat file which contains registry is also generated from scratch based on Defaul User profile and according to domain specific.

In other words. You should re-install your Studio. Please check this solution:

1 Like

That is where I thought this would. Thanks a lot for the guidance.

One last question if you can spare it. The first step in that link is Uninstall studio, I googled around a bit and didn’t see anything for that as far as how. Is it just clearing out those two files and that’s the uninstall?

By uninstall it means to use Add/Remove Program from Control Panel for UiPath Studio. Then rest of the steps described :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot man.

you’ve been a great help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.