Amazon Web Services (AWS) Activities are now in Public Preview

We will consider this for the next version of the package.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was able to successfully implement this module and upload the S3 in the US-Govcloud region without issue once I removed the full path and provided the bucket and then the object key (path) in the upload action.

3 Likes

Thanks for creating these activity packages. Save a lot of time.
Could you tell me how to upload a file to folder inside the bucket? And not just to a bucket…
Because the output of “get bucket” activity is an AWSObject and I cannot add a string to that as you already mentioned.
So was wondering how else I can upload a file to a folder inside the bucket.

2 Likes

Hi @rachrahul2

In Upload Object From File activity, the value of ObjectKeyName shall include the subfolder structure as well. E.g. ObjectKeyName = “folder1/folder2/MyFile”

2 Likes

That worked like a charm. Thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick suggestion for next release, The access keyID in the AWS scope is a string, not sure if this is intentionally designed to be a string but a “secureString” would be a good fit here like the SecretAccessKey type.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ovidiuponoran, That is a wonderful guide.
We are trying to use these activities of AWS.
Can you please help us with below queries.
We have following details of S3 bucket, and we want to upload a file into one of the folders.
Host : “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.amazonaws.com
Username: “dummyusername”
Password : We dont have direct string password, instead .ppk file based on username is provided to us.
Using above details through FILEZILLA we are able to connect and upload files manually.

The same we want to automate in UIPath with AWS activities.
Question : How and where can I provide “.ppk” details in AWS activities?

Awaiting for your reply. My emailID : “msreekanth8655@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi @rachrahul2
We are trying to use these of AWS.
Can you please help us with below queries.
We have following details of S3 bucket, and we want to upload a file into one of the folders.
Host : “s-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.server.transfer.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
Username: “dummyusername”
Password : We dont have direct string password, instead .ppk file based on username is provided to us.
Using above details through FILEZILLA we are able to connect and upload files manually.

The same we want to automate in UIPath with AWS activities.
Question : How and where can I provide “.ppk” details in AWS to connect to S3 bucket

Awaiting for your reply. My emailID : “msreekanth8655@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi @rachrahul2 , @ovidiuponoran Can any of you please help me with my question. my emailID : msreekanth8655@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi @sreekanth_M

In order to connect to AWS Services you need to provide the mandatory parameters for Amazon Web Services Scope activity (i.e. AccessKeyId, SecretAccessKey, and Region). The you must use Get Bucket, Upload Object from File or Upload Objects from Folder activities.

1 Like

Hi @ovidiuponoran, I got all above 3 details from my AWS Admin.
But when used Get Bucket activity, it says Access denied.
Does this need AWS CLI to be installed in my machine and some configuration to be done ?
Please help me here.
Let me know if you need any details from my end.
sreekanth8655@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi @mrkrunaldoshi, I am also trying to use AWS activities, but getting same Access Denied error when using Get Bucket activity.
I got below details from my AWS Admin

1. AccessKeyId :
  2. Region : .
  3. SecretAccessKey :
  4. BucketName:
    Can you please help me.
    Let me know if you need any details from my end.
    my emailID: sreekanth8655@gmail.com or msreekanth8655@gmail.com.
1 Like

Hi @sreekanth_M,

You have all the details required for AWS Scope and the BucketName required for AWSGetBucket Activity. I assume you have necessary rights to the bucket as in my case, it did not have “ListBucketVersions” specifically to my bucket.

If you want we can take a look together on TeamViewer.

2 Likes

Hi @mrkrunaldoshi, thanks for the inputs. I could able to resolve all the permissions issues with my AWS Admin and proceed further.

1 Like

Hi @ovidiuponoran, I observed that after updating my UiPath Studio to 2019.10.4, I am not able to get any results for “UiPath.AmazonWebServices.Activities”.

Can you please let me know if it is changed or available with some other name?

1 Like

Hi @sreekanth_M. The package does not depend on the Studio version. It is still available on the Official feed with name UiPath.AmazonWebServices.Activities.

2 Likes

@ovidiuponoran Unable to figure out how I can utilize AWS activities with the following Authentication params

1. AccessKeyID
  2. Secret Access Key
  3. Aws_session_token

Does anyone have any idea on this?

1 Like

@tagaramsrinivaskarthick Please check the examples in the forum post, especially Amazon Web Services Scope activity.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I went through AWS Scope activities.image
I cannot see Aws_session_token in properties. Does that means i can give region as ‘sts.us-east-1.amazonaws.com’ as mentioned in Temporary security credentials in IAM - AWS Identity and Access Management

1 Like