Amazon Connect is Amazon’s service for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) in the contact center. Amazon Connect has a single UI across both voice and chat for contact routing, queuing, analytics and management.
The UiPath.AmazonConnect.Activities package offers activities to initiate outgoing phone calls.
Amazon Connect Scope - Connects to Amazon Connect and provides a scope for other activities.
Make Voice Call - Place a voice call and route the call to either an Amazon Connect contact flow or queue.
How to install
UiPath.AmazonConnect.Activities package is available in the Official feed. Please make sure to check ‘Include Prerelease’ in your Package Manager and then search for “UiPath.AmazonConnect.Activities”, and install the latest version.
How to use
The sample workflows below show how to use the Amazon Connect activities in practice.
Placing an outgoing call
This UiPath process uses Amazon Connect to place an outgoing phone call and routes that call to a given Contact Flow. It consists of the following workflow:
To exemplify, let’s go step by step through the process of creating the MakePhoneCall workflow:
- First, add an Amazon Connect Scope activity and set the values for the input parameters like in the screenshot below. In the sample workflow above, you can see that I got the values for these parameters from variables. Here is a short description of the activity’s parameters:
- AccessKeyId (String) - The Access Key ID of the IAM Userl) that you want to authenticate.
- Secret (String) - The Secret Access Key of the IAM User that you want to connect to the Amazon Connect service.
- InstanceId (String) - The id of your Amazon Connect instance.
- Region (Enum) - The AWS Service Endpoint that you want to use for your connection.
- Add Make Voice Call activity which can be used to place a phone call. The parameters of this activity are:
- From (String) - The Amazon Connect phone number in E.164 format.
- To (String) - The phone number to call, in E.164 format, e.g. +15558675310.
- ContactFlowId (String) - The identifier of the contact flow for the outbound call.
- QueueId (Boolean) - The identifier of the queue to put the outbound call in.
- Attributes (Dictionary<String, String>)- A dictionary of key-value pairs. The attributes are standard Amazon Connect attributes, and can be accessed in contact flows just like any other contact attributes.
That’s all you need to do! Enjoy