Alteryx Integration Activities - Now in Public Preview!

Hi @jeremyrank

I found this in the documentation:
https://docs.uipath.com/marketplace/docs/alteryx-technical-references

I would assume that as long as your version supports these API endpoints, your are good to go.

The earliest we have tested and confirmed we are compatible with is Alteryx 2019.4. I’ll ensure our documentation is updated to reflect this.

1 Like

When I call the Alteryx API directly it works when I try to do Run Job I get the following error “Unknown error.\u000aSerializationException…” any ideas?

Can you share the XAML or a screenshot? Otherwise it’s hard to say.

Full exception detail:
RemoteException wrapping System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Alteryx.SwaggerException: The HTTP status code of the response was not expected (500).

Response:

{
“data”:null,“exceptionName”:“UnknownException”,“innerExceptionMessage”:“”,“message”:“Unknown error.\u000aSerializationException\u000aRequestID: 0a464d248e57439a909aa1f6e8469d22”
}at UiPath.Alteryx.WorkflowsOpenApiClient.d__23.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Alteryx.WorkflowsOpenApiClient.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Alteryx.WorkflowsOpenApiClient.QueueJob(String appId,
Answers body)
at UiPath.Alteryx.Activities.RunJob.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<b__2>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.BAF.Telemetry.TelemetryServiceBase.d__71.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
at UiPath.Alteryx.Activities.RunJob.BAFExecute(CodeActivityContext context)
at UiPath.BAF.Activities.BAFCodeActivity.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance,
ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager,
Location resultLocation)

Hi Jeremy, as I mentioned we only support back to Alteryx Server 2019.4. Unless you upgrade to that version or later, I can’t warrant any compatibility or support on this.

@paul.hoeffer
Hi, I’m getting a error 405 when I try the connection, I can’t seems to find the reason after multiples research on the web, have any idea?

Error: HTTP Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> Service BODY { color: #000000; background-color: white; font-family: Verdana; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; } #content { margin-left: 30px; font-size: .70em; padding-bottom: 2em; } A:link { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:visited { color: #6699cc; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:active { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } .heading1 { background-color: #003366; border-bottom: #336699 6px solid; color: #ffffff; font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 26px; font-weight: normal;margin: 0em 0em 10px -20px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 30px;padding-top: 16px;} pre { font-size:small; background-color: #e5e5cc; padding: 5px; font-family: Courier New; margin-top: 0px; border: 1px #f0f0e0 solid; white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; } table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; font-family: Verdana;} table th { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; font-weight: bold; background-color: #cecf9c;} table td { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; background-color: #e5e5cc;}

Service

Method not allowed.

UiPath.Alteryx.SwaggerException: The HTTP status code of the response was not expected (405).

Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> Service BODY { color: #000000; background-color: white; font-family: Verdana; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; } #content { margin-left: 30px; font-size: .70em; padding-bottom: 2em; } A:link { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:v at UiPath.Alteryx.WorkflowsOpenApiClient.d__11.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Swagger.Services.SwaggerConnectionService.d__8.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at UiPath.Swagger.Services.SwaggerConnectionService.d__4.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Swagger.Activities.Design.ViewModels.SwaggerScopeConnectionWindowViewModel.d__34.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Swagger.Activities.Design.Views.SwaggerScopeConnectionWindow.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_0(Object state) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

Hi - can you please let us know a few more details:

1. Version of Studio you are using
  2. Version of Alteryx Server you are using
  3. Version of the activity pack you are using

Thanks,

cc: @Bhushan.Khadpe

Studio version: 2020.10.2
Alteryx server: 2019.3
Alteryx Package: 1.0.3

Didn’t know the alteryx server version before now, so I guess it’s because it’s too old? Seens ur post about 2019.4

You are correct. The minimal supported version is Alteryx Server 2019.4. If after upgrading to 2019.4 you continue to experience issues, please do let us know.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I’m running an issue here as well where I have my Object type in the for each as Alteryx.Workflow correctly.

However the item.Id is not recognized. I even tried doing item.Item.Id since item is a workflow type, but it says Item is not valid…

Best Regards,

Hi Shawn - can you please post a copy of your robot for us to check? if the object is set to the correct type, it should work as designed.

Hello,

I was able to figure out how to use the UI of the activity to configure my answers, but the youtube video also showed a method through invoke code. Can someone on the dev team provide more detailed instructions under that method? The video doesn’t really cover every value assignment.

Also it would be good to clarify the “Activities Completed” that gets sent as log messages by default (e.g. Get Job, Run Job all say Activity Completed but I think it would be good to be specific)

Furthermore the Design Connection and Robot Connection side by side UI window to configure the Alteryx API connection could misinterpreted that you can do either or method to connect. However my understanding is that you probably need to fill out the Design Connection with literal URL and Text values instead of argument/variables in order to use other activities such as run Job to see the list of questions available to populate answers for. Perhaps add this in the documentation to note that a Design Connection is needed to be populated for certain parts of certain activities.

Question- How do you setup a “Run Job” if in Alteryx the User Credentials are required? In the properties I do not se how to configure that.

Hi Jeremy - I’m not sure I follow. To set the authentication credentials you first place an Alteryx Scope activity on the design canvas and click the “Configure” button:

This will open dialog where you can supply Design and Robot connection settings. The design connection is used only for the Run Job activity if you want to use the Configure Answers feature.

More information is at our documentation at

Does this help?

To close this out, spoke with Jeremy and the issue was in Alteryx configuration. I will create a FAQ around this and publish to our documentation.

Is there a way in the future to run apps and kick off jobs for apps not created by the user?

The limitation seems to be that since we are authenticating with our own user access key, we can only start jobs of app ids we made.

I wonder if there is a service account to use in the future to run any app in the organization?

1 Like