"alt" + "c" with Polish language

Hello,

In Poland “alt” + “c” is a “ć” letter. But… in UiPath Studio it is “Citrix Recording”. It’s very annoying because “ć” is often used in Polish.

How to turn off this keyboard shortcut?

Regards
Joanna

How to turn off keybordmapping alt + c

Citrix shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+C

But when I type on POLISH keyboard “ć” (“alt” + “c”, without “ctrl”) then “Citrix Recording” runs… And I haven’t this polish letter…

How to turn off this?

BTW: my colleagues have the same problem…

Regards
Joanna

Please change your keyboard type.

It is not a solution. In Poland everyone uses “Polish (programmers)” keyboard. Because of:

• “Z” and “Y” position on keyboard
  • polish signs like: ą, ć, ę, ł, ń, ó, ś, ź, ż

How can I wrote in easy way string “jakże ciężko chrząszczom świecić” if I change the keyboard type? :wink:

Regards
Joanna

Confirmed.
AltGr key (which is in place of right alt on standard keyboards in Poland and quite a lot other countries) is interpreted by Windows as LeftControl+RightAlt.
Unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to remap the shortcuts in .xml settings (even removing that shortcut completely does nothing), so unless someone has a solution it’s here to stay…

@aksh1yadav / @ovi - any idea on remapping default shortcuts?

Since this is not only PL, if possible it would probably be better to explicitly specify LeftAlt in the shortcuts. Otherwise there will be no © in Romanian workflows either :wink:

Just like you, i’ve tried before making some changes in the keyboardmappings.xml file, but weren’t taken into account. I don’t think it’s possible to do it.

I had also tried before but it was not considering changes of keyboardmappings.xml and one more thing i have observed even the keyboardmappings.xml will not exists at its default path then at the time of studio start process a new keyboardmappings.xml will generate with the default configuration.
It is taking from somewhere else. Someone from their side should know more about it :slight_smile:

@ovi - Ask your colleagues :stuck_out_tongue: