All of a sudden workflow is failing with error desktop has been disconnected

hi all,

my automation is using background automation and was working fine up until this monday morning.

all of a sudden i am receiving an error “desktop has been disconnected while performing ui actions”

i am wondering what could all of a sudden be the cause of this message? i’ve read a few replies on the forum about adjusting registry keys etc. but i dont want to change any settings when it was working last week for a few months.

ui version we are running is 18.2.6

error logs:
UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions. at UiPath.UiNodeClass.WriteText(String text, UiInputMethod inputMethod) at UiPath.Core.UiElement.WriteText(String text, InputMethod method) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

this error can appear at any of the click, type intos etc. these are using simulate click/type or windows messages. nothing in uipath itself has changed as far as i am aware.

@CBlanchard

Have you updated any packages ?

nope, i think i’ve found the issue! looks like a password was updated but only for an application and not for the user, changing them both to the same seems ot have fixed the issue, the password changed was the citrix password.

2 Likes

still having the error. it doesn’t make sense…

now other selectors are failing, nothing has changed on the machine or in the software used. stuff that has worked for months are randomly failing.

uipath hasn’t updated either.

OK…

i think i’ve drilled it down further. it seems i am getting the ui desktop error when sending a hotkey without a selector. Anyone know why this is? I sent hotkeys without selectors in some sections of the automation because the legacy system has really, really unreliable selectors but if i dont use them it works 100% of the time as it’ll always be on the correct active window.

finally fixed.

So: citrix password was one issue

Then, my activities (send hotkeys etc.) without selectors stopped working.

I ended up drilling down in uiexplorer and creating my own selector. Hopefully this is stable! but no more desktop crashes so i am happy about that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.