Alerts are not generated for Queue transaction failing with Business Exception

Hi,

I made a test and it seems that queue transactions which fails because of Business exception do not get an alert, while the ones which fail because of Application exception get an alert.

To reproduce follow these steps:
Add 2 new queue items in a queue and make them fail, one with ApplicationException and one with BusinessException, like this:

Notice that in the Alerts there is no alert for the queue element which failes with Business Exception, but only the alerts for the transaction which failes with ApplicationException.

Hey @Oana_Georgiana_Vasile ,

Under the ‘Alert Preferences’ tab, make sure that you have checked the ‘Queue item failed with BusinessException’

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

It is checked and not working. :frowning:
Thanks.

Check the folder level alert implemented where your process is published. I’m attaching the link to the document which describes the alerts configuration per user/folder. Please refer to the thing, which might be helpful.

The folder has the alerts enabled.
I can receive alerts when job fails or when queue transactions fail with Application Exception.
The only alerts that are not generated are for transactions failing with Business Exceptions.

It doesn’t make sense but give a try.

Send alerts to different email id for transactions failing with Business Exceptions. Just give a try

I already tried that. I tried with 2 users, one of them being the administrator of Orchestrator.

I am curious if any of you are able to receive those alerts for Business Exceptions.

Apparently Business Exceptions generate an alert with WARN severity, and not an alert with ERROR severity like Application Exceptions do. However, it seems that alerts of type WARN are not sent by email as notifications at each 10 minutes, which is a big inconvenient for me, but this is how they configured it.

Source: Alert emails and https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v0/docs/alerts#alerts-that-allow-subscription

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.