Agent Desktop - Ideas needed

First of all great initiative and thank you for asking

The option that i would like to see are

1. By hover providing info about the job details avg runtime status etc.

2. Ability to pass the arguments

3. During execution showing time left kind of option based on average time.

4. Segregate background and process

5. Jobs that are going to start with time left options.

Regards,

Sunil

3 Likes

definitely good idea since based on most of rpa solution, sometimes the agent need to stop run even the backend or unattended process , so i think its will be great to be applied

2 Likes

Hi,

That is a very good approach indeed
:blush:

In my opinion, the ability to setup parameters when running a process will make a lot of difference.

Thanks in advance,

image001.jpg

2 Likes

Everything sounds great! Maybe credentials for different users and different process per user ?

3 Likes

This are really good ideas from UiPath =)

·
starting unattended processes (mini-orchestrator)
ß so that we don’t need to go thru orchestrator for process used by very few users or stand alone process

My question for this one is, does starting an unattended process needs permission from the user?

If it does, then suggested idea is to give an option in the Scheduler to choose whether to ask permission from user or run without permission.

·
seeing your own tasks inside the tray
ß to remind the user that a process is in progress or about to run

·
seeing your execution history.
ß will help in troubleshooting

Thanks,

Princess

2 Likes

Hi @lawanyaram, innovative suggestion :bulb:! Thanks for sharing!
I wonder how this would work? Would you ask the bot stuff like: “Run this process for me” or “Process the invoice with the ID 12345”? Or would it be a completely different scenario? I’d love to hear more about it.

2 Likes

Thanks @alp.uguray! I have good news for you: some of them are already there since the 2019 LTS release.

1. We added the concept of background processes that do exactly this: execute without the need of blocking the user. Check it here.
  2. Together with background processes comes parallel execution
  3. What would you like to model? The GUI of Agent Desktop or the GUI for interacting with the user? For the latter you can use the new Form Activities

Regarding the triggers: what kind of event listeners would you find useful? Who would define them: the RPA dev, the RPA operations guy (Orch. user) or the one running the attended processes (the SME/business user)?

2 Likes

@ClemensSteinbauer - Hey, there is already this function for a Shortcut to stop a workflow… Goto the Robot in the tray window (not Studio, but the executable robot window), click it and click on the settings cog > user preferences > Process Keyboard Shortcuts. Set a key command there. SIMPLES!

4 Likes

This is a good to have feature.

Currently, I have created my own logs to log this info.

One of the additional features could be to add date/time against each process that is executed.

I believe it will also indicate status ( suspended, failed or success )

This will help auditing

~WRD000.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

2 Likes

Hi @radutzp

One idea with my experience.
When a robot whether attended or unattended is about to be executed by schedule.
Add a prompt as a option, lest it disturbs what the user is doing,
and user can choose one of execute instantly or delay a moment.

3 Likes

second that

3 Likes

few people have already mentioned this - ability to pass argument. I suggest this can be extended
a) to ability to Update Assets related to processes shown
b) this should include ability to update user name and password. As of now, for Process SME to provide password (required for certain apps used within automated process), they need to walk-up to RPA team and enter password.

4 Likes

Can you add the input parameter prompt before running the process if the main file has parameters?

3 Likes

1.)one wizard to see the when process is started need to have total records count and processed records count failed records these three values should be updated parallel when process is running and avg processing time.
2.)one wizard for to schedule the process using windows scheduler.

3 Likes

Hello, Radu,

This is out off topic, but I thought asking you about the difficulty, use and effectivness of learning UiPath from courses and youtube.

I appreciate in advance your answer.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi Radu,

Some of the features that would make
life easier are

1. High Memory consumption processes
    should highlighted or may me emailed to infrastructure team so that we
    can handle memory issues like outofmemory consumption

2. Handling of processes like Manual
    Start, Stop, Pause, Run, Refresh

3, Able to pass input/parameter required
for special process

1. Status of processes like Start time,
    End Time, Memory consumption, Resource consumption etc on mouse over

2. Introduction of form designing through
    GUI or calling a html page would make UIPATH a complete package

6.Triggering jobs
by event

7.Daily Segragated logs for each process under a main
folder for easy debugging

Best
Regards,

Muddassir Sayed

Information Technology(SOA)

India Administration Department

“Radu Tapus via
UiPath Community Forum” uipath@discoursemail.com

To:
muddassir.sayed@mizuho-cb.com

Date:
28/11/2019 23:20

Subject:
UiPath Forum
[News] Agent Desktop - Ideas needed

3 Likes

Hi @radutzp

Notification for exceptions will be good.

3 Likes

Thanks for request.

The ability to execute an un-attended robot on your machine. It can be allowed to run continuously or until it completes. It could use Windows scheduler.

This would not detract from Orchestrator, but would be great for individuals who have used Community Edition, or StudioX. In my view the benefit of Orchestrator applies where there are multiple
robots which need to work across many processes, it is excessive for one robot on one PC.

Regards, Dave

image001.png

3 Likes

It would be really great to have something like an unattended BOT being able to send a notification to a user on Agent that an input is required for further processing and put the BOT on Pause till the input is received and then resume once the Input is received.

3 Likes

Agent Tray shows progress bar of a process.
BOT health widgets.

2 Likes