After using the browser migration tool to migrate the browser from IE to Edge, the XAML files converted can not be opened through UiPath Studio. Error fix for "Document Is Invalid".
This error is encountered when the version of UiPath Studio used to build the project is less than v19.10.5/v20.4.1 and/or the version of UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities package is less than v19.11.3/ 20.4.1 respectively.
To migrate the automations to Edge (Chromium), this can be done starting with,
- Studio version v19.10.5 and UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities v19.11.3
- Studio version v20.4.1 and UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities v20.4.1
After using Browser migration tool to migrate a project from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge browser, the error "Document is invalid" is thrown when the migrated xaml file is opened in UiPath Studio.
This can be resolved as follows,
- Open the original project (i.e. before migration) in UiPath Studio (Studio version higher than v19.10.4/v20.4.0).
- Upgrade the UiAutomation Activity package to a version higher than v19.11.3 / v20.4.1
- Save the project
- Perform browser migration for this updated project.
Read more on the UiPath Conversion Tool .