After installation how to check if Robot in Service Mode or User Mode

Hi everyone,

I have installed UiPath licensed version few months back, and created a workflow based on our requirement the workflow is working as expected when running it manually means in attended mode, but while running it through unattended mode it is getting failed.
can someone help us with this issue? also after installation how to check if Robot in Service Mode or User Mode

Thanks in advance.

@ajain1

Welcome to the community

please check if you see below service in details tab or services tab of task manager

1. UiPath.Service.host - this comes only for service host
  2. UiPath.Service.Userhost - this will be there for user mode…

1 should be present for service mode installaton

cheers

@Anil_G
thanks for responding
in uac virtualization it is showing us not allowed or disabled for some users. is it due to this we are not able to run unattaended bots?

@ajain1

Can you confirm if you signed out the user before running from orchestrator(not logout)

and if you are facing any error what error it is

Ideally service host will not have it anyways…So I guess that is not the issue…uac is for admin rights which userhost will have but not the service host as it runs on a service account with lesser previliges

cheers

@Anil_G
actually, we don’t need to logout as this automation is using separate windows server so RDP automatically get disconnected when it uses machine

we are not facing errors as we have used continue on error so that in the end we can get the status of our process either FAILED or PROCESSED in collection.

So in the end it is FAILING all the records although when the same record is run manually it is getting PROCESSED

@ajain1

If the RDP is logged in manually…it gets disconnected but the session stays because of which the bots would fail and generally error would be could not bring target application to foreground or ui not accessible etc

so to avoid those as best practice it is advised to sign out if someone does a sign in manually

and it would be good if you can find the error because that will tell atleast where the error is what can be the resolution

cheers

1 Like

@Anil_G

I am not sure how should I debug this issue, as it works perfectly when I open the VM(Remote Desktop) on the foreground and watch it running, no matter running it from Studio or from assistant.

However, if I do not put the VM in the foreground, then it is always failing, as I have used continue on Error for every activiti used, I am not sure which field it is failing at.

in case if i remove all the continue on Error property then in the end status will not be marked.
in short i just want to observe what is happening bts, to make sure what is really happening when running through orchestrator.

@ajain1

1. Is the robot installed in service mode? if not that might be the issue
  2. Did you logout of the machine before running

Also you can include a screenshot when error occurs so that you can see what the issue is and may be log the error in your try catch to see the error

cheers

@Anil_G

1. Is the robot installed in service mode? if not that might be the issue->
    I have checked this and shared you the screenshot yesterday. for my user on VM it is showing UiPath.User.userHost.exe in details tab of task manager and showing UAC Virtualization as disabled.
  2. Did you logout of the machine before running → yes I sign-out all VM’s before enabling trigger on orchestrator.

@ajain1

Sorry missed it…Can you please tell the error you are getting as specified try to use log message to capture error and screenshots

Also in robot settings in orchestrator you can enable login to console and switch it off

cheers

Run the below PowerShell script in a powershell.exe console and check the results:

$servicename = "UiRobotSvc"
if (Get-Service $servicename -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
{
Write-Host "$servicename service exists -> That means the robot is installed in Service Mode (Unattended Robot)."
Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_Service | Where-Object Name -eq 'UiRobotSvc' | Format-Table -Property ProcessId,Name,DisplayName,StartMode,State,Status  -AutoSize -Wrap
}
Else {
Write-Host "$servicename not found -> That means the robot is installed in User Mode (Attended robot) or not installed at all."
}

@marian.platonov
this is the output
UiRobotSvc service exists → That means the robot is installed in Service Mode (Unattended Robot).

ProcessId Name DisplayName StartMode State Status

7208 UiRobotSvc UiPath Robot Auto      Running OK

Then, this tells exactly what you want. It is installed in Service Mode

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.