Advice on best way to handle conditions

Good day all!

Am unsure how I should proceed as I am unfamiliar with flowchart and decision flow.

Context:

I have a 2 excel workbook:
Source excel sheet (SES) with a sheet containing ID, Type, Submitted Month, Effective Month.
And destination excel sheet (DES) with multiple sheets w similar fields as SES but may be blank.

Based on what I know using IF else:

I am able to match using lookup for both excels and it works when I use If IDs match and Type = A, only SES fields holding Type=A would be written into DES.

If it is NOT Type=A, go into else loop which checks if IDs match and Type = B. If Type indeed = B, only SES fields holding Type=B I’ll be written into DES.

The issue comes with I want go into Type =C and Type=D. The nested if gets longer and wider. So I decided to explore decision flow where I had the idea to First read the first Type cell in SES. It will go into
Decision Flow (DF1) to see if Type =A.
If TRUE, match using lookup for both excels and it works when I use If IDs match and Type = A, only SES fields holding Type=A would be written into DES.
If FALSE, go into decision flow 2 (DF2) and check if Type =B. IF TRUE, only SES fields holding Type=B will be written into DES.

Somehow it does not goes into the FALSE of DF1. I suspect the issue is that it has verified the First Type cell in SES = A and there will never be a false.

Is it better to stick to IF based on my limited knowledge?