Advanced Training Level 3 Invoke System 1 Login Error

Hi, I am working through assignment 1 in the level 3 advanced training. I keep getting an error stating “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when trying to invoke my system1 login workflow to the InitAllApplications workflow. Below are screenshots of my arguments.

@heerenj4

I guess you have to pass like this:

Config(“System1_Credential”).Tostring

Hi @lakshman thank you for the quick response. When I try to do this, I get this error:

1 Like

@heerenj4

Could you please show me screenshot of parent and Child workflow Arguments once.

@lakshman is this what you mean? here is a screenshot of the actual System1 Login workflow and arguments:

and here is the initallapplications arguments

@lakshman here are the workflow files

InitAllApplications.xaml (5.7 KB)

System1_Login.xaml (11.8 KB)

Main.xaml (55.2 KB)

Hi @heerenj4

Could you post a screenshot of the arguments you’re passing into the ‘InitAllApplications’ workflow?

@nlee1131

Is this what you mean?

I was referring to when you invoke InitAllApplications in Main.xaml

@nlee1131 apologies, still learning here and not familiar with all the terminology yet. Here is a screenshot of InitAllpplications invoked in the main.xaml and the arguments.

@heerenj4 no worries, I should have been more clear.

Are you still suffering from your initial issue?

@nlee1131 Yes I still have this problem. I can work around it by setting the default argument values for “System1_Credential” and “System1_URL” on the Sysyem1_Login Workflow to their values in the config file but I don’t think these argument values should have a default value.

Is your config file argument being properly passed from the ‘If first run - read Config file’?

Hi @heerenj4

If you can, right click on the InitAllAppications invoke workflow activity and add a breakpoint there. Then, run the program in the debug mode. This will allow you to see what values get assigned to the variables/ arguments during the run time. Once in the debug mode, it will execute the program upto the point you added the break point. Once it gets there, check your Locale panel for the values of the variables. Specially the config variable. Expand it and see whether it contains any values.

If it contains data, do a step by step execution from the debug panel, to see how the value gets passed to the login page. This will help you to identify from where it is getting dropped…

1 Like

Thanks for the help @Lahiru.Fernando.

@nlee1131 I was able to fix the issue by going into the first run - read config file and edit the argument and now it works!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.