Advanced Training(Academy 2) - Assignment 2 - There is no report to download for any vendor

Yeah… do we have to do it with year 2017 ?

@Henry @Sri_harsha_Bhasuru

I think to test or build the code you can do for 2017 for which the reports you are saying are available.
Till you get any reply on the PDD requirement of having reports for 2016.

I have reset the test data, but there is no reports for in 2016. I tried to submit with reports for 2017 (which there are reports available) but i got 0/100. Does this have something to do with it now being 2018? Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

@Andrei_Cioboata

I’ve reset the testing data multiple times, the 2016 reports are blank for some of the items. So I have to go with 2017. Then after generating the reports using 2017, my results are 0/100. I believe rest of the results are all correctly captured. Would it be possible to reset the grading system to allow 2017 reports taken? Thank you!

I don’t think 2016 year has any issues I just cleared it using 2016 year. Please use 2016 as mentioned in the doc and verify your workflow again you might have missed something very obvious …

There is NO reports available for some of the items in 2016. This is a common issue as mentioned by couple of previous users too, I reset the data set for 4-5 times already, still no luck in getting data for the 2016 report.

I don’t believe there is anything wrong with the workflow, which runs smoothly with 2017 year data. The issue as mentioned by couple of users again and again is there is NO report available for some work items in 2016 year.

I would say follow the pdd to the letter … I cannot elaborate more as that would mean giving away the answer … use 2016 and you should be good

Hi @ovi,

Can you please give it a check? There is no data available for the 2016 year on any of the TaxID’s, we could see the data for the 2017 year.

Regards,
Sri Harsha

Echo on the floor above. Please give it a check! There is no data available for the year of 2016, no matter how many times I reset the testing data.

Hi there!

Thanks for raising the issue. We are looking into it and let you know as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Andrei

The is in fact a bug in ACME and the Dev team is looking into it. In the meantime, to get the correct score, one needs to download the 2017 reports and save them as if they were 2016 reports (2016 filename).

We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Andrei

@Andrei_Cioboata I see that the acme systems site have changed to only 2017 and 2018. Are we to use 2017 now and the assignment will accept that? Please let me know

Edit: i submitted with 2017 and it worked now! :smiley: 100/100

2 Likes

Got 100/100 using 2017 year this morning! Thank you for making a quick change to the testing environment. :slight_smile:

Hi @Andrei_Cioboata

Assignments are not getting evaluated. Can you please see

Regards,
Sri Harsha

I reseted my data, but I still don’t have any reports for 2017.

I’m getting a 404 [Routes] output on report selection. Is this something others are having an issue with?

i have same issue, rest the date will work fine for some body, but i still have the issue after doing that. i guess need somebody to fix the data.

@jeffsilva,
Just reset the data on ACME application.
Issue will get resolved.

Hi Priyanka,

I’ve reset my dataset countless times, however, I noticed one thing. I only get that error with IE, Chrome downloads the file just fine.

I would hate to reprogram the whole script to Chrome now, not sure what is causing, but must be on the acme-test side.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff