Advanced RPA Developer Training - Assignment 1

Hello Everyone ,

I am doing the assignment 1 - Calculate Client Security Hash. I am following walkthrough document.
I am stuck in the section where we have to check whether the login was successful . In the document , it is mentioned that we need to create a separate reusable file workflow and invoke it in the Then section .
But I am not sure how to create SendEmail.xaml file .

Can anyone guide me on this .

Thank you in advance .

1 Like

@kavsanu you can use element exist activity to check whether the login is successful or not by looking for dashboard name.and if it is exist you can use the output variable of element exist activity to check whether its found. use an if condition and if login unsuccessful that means the value is false you can send email using what ever the activity such as STMP,Outlook ,etc.

Hello Vidwa ,

In the document , it is mentioned that we need to use element exist activity. I used that acitivity and selected dashboard in the indicate screen .
then used if condition .
In the condition field , I created Elementexist variable with type boolean ,

Now we have to use invoke method to invoke sendemail in the THEN section
I dont know how to create send email file and iam stuck here .

1 Like

@kavsanu you can use separate workflow for that and invoke the workflow in the then section (if the condition is not LoginSuccessful). and in the workflowyou can use 12
one of the send mail activities and send a email to “exceptions@acme-test.com

1 Like

Thank you . Will try it … Do you have any example workflow so that I can refer to it

Thank you

1 Like

you know how to use the condition right. if the element exist that means you’ve successfully loged in so the out put value of the element exist activity (The boolean type variable in the output field of the element exist activity)
so you can use if condition inside the login workflow and use the condition not LoginSuccessful (If your variable name is LoginSuccessful) in the else part you can invoke navigate workflow or else you can keep it empty and invoke navigate to work flow in the init. in the then part of the if condition must contain invoke workflow method. and create another workflow (sequence) or else you can just use one of the mail sending activity there instead of using separate workflow. anyhow ,using one of the mailing activity send a mail with a message to the email that i’ve mentioned above. ex:this is how you invoke the workflow.
here is the send mail activity

3 Likes

Hello Vidwa ,

Thank you so much . Its a great help for me

1 Like

best of luck…:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.