Adobe Reader doesn't work write with Find Element

Hey Everyone,

I have the Problem that I can’t select a specific element in Adobe Reader. I follow this ( Identifying UI Elements in PDF With Accessibility Options ) introductions. I can’t find ’ Tagged reading order’ in ’ Change Reading Options of Current Document’ thats why I use now the 'Left-to-right, top-to-bottom reading order ’ but it doesn’t work correctly. I can after this settings now only get one line or one block note single word. For example:

day: 12

I can’t not take the ‘day:’ only the ‘day: 12’. I don’t now what I am doing wrong. I am using the Anchore base with a Find Element to get the Data.

I hope someone knows wats wrong.

Hi @uandi_ks

Apart from UI Automation in pdf, i would recommend u to try with pdf activities if possible. Using string manipulation or regex based u can able to achive the data

Regards,
Nived N

Hey @NIVED_NAMBIAR ,

Thanks for your help. Is this better than an Anchor Base? If I google this stuff everyone uses the Anchor Base.

Hi @uandi_ks
Anchor Based had its own advantages, But once i had faced the issue while extracting data from pdf , the same code for that works in development while in production it failed off, since there was some issue in accessibility of element in the adobe application in production.

So if u want to extract the text data from pdf , then try the pdf activities, then via regex or string u can extract the data.
That would be better

@NIVED_NAMBIAR Thanks for your’re help and explaining.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.