Adding a reason / comment while setting transaction to success

Hello everyone,

Is there a way you can set a comment kind of thing for those transactions that we set the status as success. I know for sure the reason and details are saved only when I set the transaction as failure. @UiPath, it would be nice to have a feature that can let me add a little note if I need to on those successful transactions as well.

I thought of a work around and adding this note as a reference key to the transactions. Number 1 it is dirty and number 2 in my case I already have a reference key added to my queue items.

Thanks,
Pavithra

1 Like

Just want to know what kind of notes you wanna place when the transaction is success.
I felt the successful transaction doesn’t need any notes.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

Let say there are 2 or 3 scenarios in which I will call a transaction success. I would like to add a note so as to know through which scenario this transaction was made success. It is not like all algorithms will have only one success flow right. There can be many branches that take you to it.

Thanks,
Pavithra

3 Likes

Okay. Got it.

Currently we don’t have support to add notes to the successful transactions. As a workaround using the reference is one option. Still not the optimal solution.

May be using separate queues for each scenario also will help.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

Ya, it does. My use case already has a child queue kind of design. But unfortunately I don’t work in 2019.X. So the get transaction using reference doesn’t work in the lower versions. For now I’m adding a custom progress status and then marking the transaction as success. Not sure if this is going to be of some help.

2 Likes

@Pavithra we have used Output field of Transaction Item to create a Key and value combination to keep the reason. when you have multiple Happy path and if you want to keep the reason for it, this will be useful.

1 Like