Add Site & App Logins to Orchestrator

I have a possible enhancement around Orchestrator and adding an additional option (menu) on the left for Log-Ins. Instead of capturing and storing Web Site & Application Logins (credentials) in Assets, this should be a separate thing (store) so that one could either map or dynamically allocate to a Robot Instance when Job is executed.
Reason, some Sites or Apps only allow for an Account or ID to be logged in once, so if running multiple Robots that access a Web Site, you would need different distinct accounts in order to log in multiple times. The Robots would not know which is already in use, so that would need to be accounted for and again, dynamically allocated to each Robot.

Hi @rstaylor62,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

If you’re planning to expand on this idea, I would also suggest that if you’re going to make an asset type for specifically logging into sites/apps, it would be nice to have an optional field to set an expiration date on the asset as some vendors won’t provide credentials that do not expire. Once the assets were ~1 week from the expiration date, it could shoot out an email to the owner of the asset or admins or something.

Just food for thought.

1 Like

Thanks Mike, that is a really good idea. You are correct as there are a lot of Sites that we log into that the Password does expire on a set schedule (30, 60, 90 days), so an Alert or Email would be great prior to it expiring.