Add ins in excel does not load

If you are having problems with BEx Analyzer. i have found that if you do excel app scope to open "“C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW\BExAnalyzer.xla” then inside that do another excel scope to open the file you want it should work. I was able to open a file and run the native refresh macro in BEx.

2 Likes

can you please explain more on this

Hi Gabriel, I happen to see this post, any update on this. I do have the similar issues, I use ‘Excel for Analysis’ wherein add on gets disabled as soon as it runs from ‘Excel Scope’. I need to execute VBA macro via UiPath. Please let me know the procedure, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tangy

Hi Ankit,

An excel open with ‘Start process’ cannot be utilized in excel application scope activity? Have you tried this? Am I missing any link?

Regards,
Pratiksha S

We have a run vba code activity, why don t you use that?

Hi Pratiksha,

After Start process activity , use delay of say 3 secs and then open the same excel with excel application scope . You can use add ins then .

Ankit

I use a alternative solution.
You can set up as this : for the file you want to use, right click open with, and select the SAP BEX APPLCAITION, set it as default.
and then in the UIPATH, you use double click the file to open it.
It should open the file in Bex application with Add-ins.

Hey,

I am facing the same issue - i want to Loop over a bunch of files and do some updates in them. But for that, I do require an SAP AddIn (SAP BO Analysis).
I can get that to run using Start Process and do everything there - but it would be really helpful if I could use the Excel Scope Activity in order to utilize some other functionalities.

Anyone got Addins working in the ESA?

Were you referring to ‘Execute Macro’ activity?

Hello!
Excuse me.
I am also embarrassed that “excel add-in” can not be loaded with UIPATH.
SAP’s add-in.
How did it finally correspond?
If you can tell it, I am fortunate

We ended up scrapping it for RPA as we had developed a VBA solution instead. I never did get it resolved, except to open excel using the start process activity first like I mentioned in the EDIT portion of my post

Dear Dave.
1 Start excel with start process
2 Execution of addin is handled by VBA
Is it said that correspondence was said?

ありがとうございます。
Thanks!

Hi @Gabriel_Tatu, I am meeting the same problem, the “excel application scope” activities can’t load “smart view” add-ins, so the SV VBA connect function doesn’t work. Could you help, many thanks!

I am having the same issue and Excel Application scope cannot load power query add-in in Excel 2013. any advice?

Even if it does load smartview - good luck using it without issues, it’s nigh on impossible to accurately and consistently automate. I’ve been trying for literally a year, others at my place have given up. Have you had any luck?

What I did to get it to open is use kill processes first to ensure there is no instance of excel running at all on the PC, this means that when you use excel application scope it will open a fresh instance of excel which will have SmartView showing. But from there good luck, just this week with no change to SV, Excel or anything else, the Refresh button can no longer be found…

Any Update here?

Do we have an update here? Seems like a fairly large bug that has taken a long time to be addressed.

Hi this step work for me.

1. Open Excel
  2. Go to Options
  3. Click on Add-ins
  4. On Manage, select COM Add-ins and click Go
  5. Tick UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn and click Ok
    *after this you will notice UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn is under Disabled Items
  6. Go again into manage and select Disabled Items and click GO
  7. Select UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn and Enable it
  8. Close Excel and try again.

That UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn only comes with StudioX! So that’s not the general solution.

Hello @Gabriel_Tatu ,
I have similar issue with Excel scope add-in (EPM), it is frequently missing from excel after running the bot.
I tried above all suggestion none of them are worked for me. Any other solution kindly respond…
Thanks advanced