Add Data Column does not work but it does not show any error message

Good Day.

I have this datatable where I want to add a column named “RowNumber” to the right most of the table but it does not add the said column name. What is the possible solution for this?

Kindly see below the workflow, the excel file being used, and the desired output. Thank you.

SampleExcelFile.xlsx (180.7 KB)
Main.xaml (5.1 KB)

Best regards,
Robert Monsalud

I can’t download your files (security restrictions).

Post screenshots of the relevant section of your code.

Are you adding the column BEFORE using Read Range to get the data? If so, that’s your problem. Add the column AFTER using Read Range to get the data into a datatable.

Anyway, that’s just a guess at what the problem could be. Screenshots should help.

1 Like

Another possible reason is that if you’re writing back to the spreadsheet with Append Range and have an additional column of data in your datatable, it will NOT rewrite the headers at the top of the Excel file.

1 Like

Apologies on my part as I forgot to use write range activity after add data column activity. Thank you.

Best regards,
Robert Monsalud

1 Like

No problem. The simplest mistakes are the easiest to make and the hardest to see for yourself. Other eyes always help. I do it all the time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.