Add Columns in a Excel Sheet and Store into a variable

Hi ,

My problem is is :
Need to add the decimal data in a particular excel column,
e.g., from G2+G3+…+G10
and assign it to a variable and display it to the user in a message box.

If anyone knows about this pls reply asap.

Thanks
Ajith K

Hi @ajithkarat

Can you please share some sample input.

Regards,
Vijay Kumar C.

Dear Vijay,

As per your request, I’ve attached the sample xaml file; which is not working currently.
Please let me know where I’m wrong. I’d appreciate if you could reply asap if you could figure out what is causing the error.

Thanks
Ajith Ksample_excel_column_add.zip (17.2 KB)

@ajithkarat

you are trying to add data to column “G” which is “Physical inventory” right. If yes what is the last cell value like G10 or G30 or G100 that you want to add to excel file.

Regards,
Vijay

Dear Vijay,

It may vary depening upon the items, we can fix it for 10 for testing purposes. Later it can be changed as and when it is required.

Thank you, Ajith K

Hi @ajithkarat

Changed the flow. which will add values to column G.
Modified_sample_excel_column_add.zip (17.4 KB)

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Vijay Kumar C.

Hey @ajithkarat

is the code suits to your case. if yes please mark this thread as solved.

Regards,
Vijay

Hey Vijay,

Sorry; It’s not the solution that was required. I wanted to add the existing values in a particular column. e.g., if the Column G contains, 18.0 and -2.0 then the total will be 16.0

-Ajith

Hi @ajithkarat,

Please refer the attached example. I am using Column name instead of “G” so that if new columns get added or deleted it will still perform same action on the required column.

Please mark the thread resolved if the solution helps you.sample_excel_column_add.zip (17.9 KB)

1 Like

Hi @ajithkarat

You mean you want to sum up all the values which are present in column G. If that is the case @dhananjayk solution will work.

Regards,
Vijay Kumar C.

1 Like

Thanks, Dhananjay! The Solution solved the issue.

1 Like

Sure Vijay! I shall make it solved. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.