Issue : Scenario 1
Getting “Activity could not be loaded because of errors in the XAML” when trying to open a development .
Solution : Scenario 1
Try installing the V7 compatibility package from Package manager.
It will be UiPath.V7.Activities it is responsible for compatibles between the major versions.
Issue : Scenario 2
“Activity could not be loaded because of errors in the XAML” appeared all of a sudden in several workflows.
Solution : Scenario 2
It looks your core activity package got updated and when you opened this workflow with the updated package version, the activities like Invoke Workflow file, Set Transaction file etc also got updated. Because of these additional properties in newer version, you are getting errors when you are opening workflow in older version.
- Please take a backup of all the xaml files which are having issues.
- Open the xaml in studio and in output pane it will show you the activities and their properties which are having issues.
- Now open this xaml in notepad/notepad++
- Search for this activity or property and delete the property.
- Save this file and open in UiPath studio. And you should be good.
For example: In the workflow you shared, I made below changes :
- As per first error in below screenshot, TimeOut property of InvokeWorkFlowFile has issue.
Please note : It is not recommended to open xaml in notepad and make changes until unless it is quite necessary and no other option is helping out.
Issue Scenario 3 :
“Write Range” and “Write CSV” activities are not showing up in UiPath.
where the “Write Range” activity is supposed to be, an error is shown that says “Activity could not be loaded because of errors in the XAML.”
Solution Scenario 3
It looks like the excel activities package is not installed in your UiPath studio.
Please install the package by going to Manage package(Ctrl+P) -> Search for excel - >Install excel activities package
Then you will be able to see all excel related activities.