Activitie "Send sms message"

Hello All,

Has anyone used the Activities “Send sms message”.

How to fill the fields : AccountSid and AuthToken

Thank you.

Hi,

You need a Twilio account for that (assuming I’m thinking about correct activities).
They offer a free trial if I remember correctly, so it shouldn’t be an issue to check it out.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi andrzej.kniola,

I have twilio account and filled the AccountSid and AuthToken fields in send sms activity property.
But when i trying to run the activity its hitting an error saying"Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started!"

Please help me to resolve this issue.

@ddpadil please, go the following thread to resolve this issue.
It is not related to twilio activity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks,

Hi I try to follow the steps you mentioned but I couldn’t able start the “UiRobotSvc” bcz the start option is faded.,and same i try to do in task manager but its showing access denied .

click on services from start menu. select the uipathrobot from list. right click on it and click on start option

@ddpadil I am facing the same, could find the solution

By the way, phone providers give you the ability to email your phone number and it comes in as text messages, which you can reply back. It works just like email.

For example,
1234567890@domain.com

For a list of all the domains for each provider check out here: http://www.emailtextmessages.com/

Just thought I’d share as an alternative to using service like Twillio. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hkjobs1988 UiPath doesn’t support Twillio anymore. :no_mouth:

1 Like

i am getting error as "callsms has thrown an exception

Source: Private: Send sms message

Message: Method not found: ‘Void RestSharp.RestClient.set_BaseUrl(System.String)’.

Exception Type: MissingMethodException

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘Void RestSharp.RestClient.set_BaseUrl(System.String)’.
at Twilio.TwilioRestClient…ctor(String accountSid, String authToken, String accountResourceSid)
at Twilio.Workflow.Activities.SendSmsMessage.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)"

please help

2 posts were split to a new topic: Difference between Uipath community edition and Uipath licence edition

This is the know issue. UiPath is not supporting Tivilio SMS anymore. I tried contact Tivilio about this about no resolutions. I know that they have exposed many API’s which can help you to send the SMS do visit the webesite for more information.

Hi.

This activity should be removed from UiPath catalog for not being anymore compatible with it.

Has I tried, with “HTTP Request” activity there is an issue that leads to an error, because one of the parameters to the POST message has a “Body” name, generating an error because there is also this variable defined within the activity itself. It is reported here: Unable to make an HTTP request with a parameter named "Body"

I got this Twilio service running with UIPath using curl for windows and executing a command line.

See:

https://curl.haxx.se/download.html

There is a solution to this mess, the UIPath developers should dedicate some time to maintain the activities.

so what is the alternate solution for the send sms issue??

I use TextAnywhere using their API access. Some more info here:
https://developer.textapp.net/HTTPService/Default.aspx

Cheers,
Josh

how did you connect uipath to textanywhere? i mean the activities you used to connect to Textanywhere.The link you gave has no information.

Regards,
padmaja.

Hi Padmaja,

You’d need to use the HTTP activities as per below, and put the TextAnywhere parameters into these.

Cheers,

Josh

Hi josh,
It is not there in available packages ,for uipath 2018.2.3. Do i need to download and install that ? is that so where to download.

Hi Padmaja,

You’ll need to download Microsoft.Activities.Extensions (sorry - thought this came out of the box)

Cheers,
Josh