Activating a stopped VM

Hi, I need to run a robot at 6pm every day which is fine, but the VM switches to “Stopped” after some time.

Is there a way I can make this active and accept jobs through the robot?

1 Like

@aquinn

is the robot installed in service mode?

and are there any planned restarts or shutdowns happening?

ideally you only need to signout the vm but not logoff

cheers

I do not know how to check if the robot is installed in service mode, how do I check? and does stopped mean its just logged out and not off?

@aquinn

Open the task manager-> services/details-> UiPath.service.host service should be present if only userhost is present then it wont work

Cheers

what do I do if only userhost is there? I am just trying to be able to connect into the VM if that helps

In task manager I have
UiPath.service.userhost
UiPath.studio.exe
UiPath.studio.project
UiPath.robotjs.service

@aquinn

this means you have installed robot in user mode which works for attended autoamtion

you need to install robot in service mode for unattended to work

cheers

so in order to connect to the VM with the IP i need to install it in service mode?

I am abit confused, do I need to install it in service mode on the pc or on the VM?

@aquinn

Whereever you want to run the bot there you need to install the bot in service mode

cheers

The bot needs to run in the VM but it keeps setting to stopped

@aquinn

then on vm please install the robot in service mode

cheers

The VM is a UiPath VM and it doesnt let me connect into it

@aquinn

So you mean cloud vm is not working…Did you happen to assign a proper license to it?

cheers

My issue is in the first picture, the vm status is set to Stopped after a few hours or so and it does not let me run a robot, I need to be able to set the staus to running and run a robot through a process.

I am also unable to connect to the vM using the IP in a remote application connector

if you are using VM in azure, you have a activity for start the machine

@aquinn

can you select the vm and see on left top you should see a start option

cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.