Activate Orchestrator

Hi all. I am a bit confused on how to activate the Orchestrator. I have a license code for UI Studio and a license code for Orchestrator.

Can someone please guide how can I activate the Orchestrator using the license.

Hi ,

For activate Orchestrator please follow below link

Hi @pradeepRPA,

I went through this and just had one doubt. In activation command., my license code has to be of the Orchestrator?

enter your code and mail address , create the file and import into Orchestrator then your license will be activate

Yeah I know. But which code. I have one for UiStudio, one for Unattended bot and one for Orchestrator.

Just to let you know, my studio is on different machine and Orchestrator on different machine.

i think orchestrator and Unattended code same or different

Both code are different…

1. Copy UiPath folder under Studio installation to your Orchestrator server ,
  2. run regutil activate /email=your email /code=yourlicensecode
  3. regutil export-info /out_file=license_info.txt
  4. Open your orchestrator web upload license_info.txt

@fir4,

In your license code, will it be Orchestrator code or studio code. And why do we need to copy the file on orchestrator server. Can it be from the same studio machine.

In your license code, will it be Orchestrator code or studio code

Orchestrator code

why do we need to copy the file on orchestrator server

Because its not included in Orchestrator instalation

Can it be from the same studio machine.

If you want to activate Orchestrator you need to run from Orchestrator mechine, because the license is bound to device-id, if you run from Studio machine your studio license will overwritten by orchestrator license.

So just copy pasting the studio folder will work?

Yes, just copy , make sure 4 files bellow included
Regutil.exe
msvcr100.dll
ShaferFilechck.dll
license.config

Ok thanks. Can you please tell similarly how can I activate the bot on orchestrator machine.

Robot config from orchestrator

Does activating orchestrator using these steps require internet.

Yes, if you have no internet you can do offline method.

1. regutil get-activation-cert /email=youremail /code=yourcode /out_file=certificate.txt
  2. from your laptop /pc, http://support.uipath.com/activation , copy certifacte.txt content click activate . copy the response to text file ie. response.txt
  3. regutil activate /offline /code=yourcode /response_file=response.txt

Thanks. Much appreciated.