Action Required: Please restart your robots

Action Required: Please restart your robots

Today, we deployed an update to the Cloud Orchestrator which will require a robot restart.
There is no disruption to the execution of any existing automations and the change itself should not cause any downtime to our Cloud Platform.

However, future package downloads will be affected, so in order for your Robots to be able to run processes using new or updated packages, reconnecting to your Orchestrator service or performing a Robot service restart is required.

We recommend that you restart your robots at your earliest convenience by following the steps below.

For community users:

1. Exit the Robot application from the robot tray icon
  2. Close the Studio application if you have it running
  3. Start the Robot application again from the Windows Start menu

For enterprise users:

1. Click the Windows Start button, then search for Services.msc and open it. The Services window is displayed.
  2. Find the UiPath Robot service and right-click it. The context menu is displayed.
  3. Click restart.

Thank you!

25 Likes

Is there a security issue?

image001.jpg

1 Like

No, this is not a security issue @mfrater.

2 Likes

Is any action required for folks using an On-Prem Orchestrator? I know you mentioned Cloud.

2 Likes

No. This issue does not impact the on-prem orchestrator. It was a deployment that we made to the cloud orchestrator earlier today. The change does not affect on-prem.

4 Likes

Done and no worries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Done!

thanks,
Andy

2 Likes

Dear Catalin

Thank you for your advice.

I could connect Orchestrator to Robot today.

But I can not start job manually.

I started job and got this error.

1 Like

@Catalin_Anastasoaie
all ok for cloud /community

for on On-Prem Orchestrator will not effect as you mention .
and what about internet enable studios and robots ?
hope restart enough right ?

2 Likes

Hi @Catalin_Anastasoaie ,
Could you alert us with more time! It would be great to actually have an schedule of you plan updates (Specially for enterprise users!!!). Alerting us 5:53pm it’s not a great practice!

Thanks,
Martí

3 Likes

Restarting the robots will resolve any potential issues, thank you!

3 Likes

@RockSolid we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and will do our best in the future to allow more time to react.

The change is not meant to affect any of already running processes, only the newly created or updated processes.

Thank you!

4 Likes

So much time spent trying to get the deployment to work until I finally saw this message…

1 Like