Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click. at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Hover

Hi gurus,
I am facing a strange scenario for which I need your help. I am getting this issue only in production, it is working fine in development environment.

Issue: When a hyperlink is half visible on the screen, (although it is unattended bot) bot throws below exception on Mouse Hover activity, please also check attached screenshot, the hyperlink is at the left bottom of the screen. I am using Mose Hover activity before Mosue Click and it works more than 95% of the time.

Exception Source = Hover ‘Ready to download’

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click. at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Hover(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, UiInputMethod inputMethod, Int32 time) at UiPath.Core.UiElement.Hover(Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, InputMethod method, Int32 timeout, Position mousePlacement) — End of inner exception stack trace — at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom) at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom) at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

In click activity Check simulate click property or send windows message property.

I have checked both options, currently Mouse hover is running with “Send Windows Message” and Click is set with “Simulate”. This works fine when hyperlink is fully visible or fully hidden. But fails only when hyperlink text is half visible, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Note: Selector is dynamic because it needs to work based on Order # and it is valid because I also check “Find Element (WaitUIElementAppear)” before Hove and Click and “Find Element” does not throw exception.

I got a little same error message.

( the simulate Click was set “True” originally)
Then I set it “False” or none
make sure the attach window I am working with is closed,
then run the project
open the attach window
The error disapeared
This is my case, hope that somehow it can help you.

1 Like