Action cannot be assigned to this user due to insufficient permissions (#2414)

I am getting this error “Action cannot be assigned to this user due to insufficient permissions (#2414)” when trying to assign an action to a user. The user is able to see the folder in which they have access and has a role assigned to them with the required permissions for actions.

Can you please try clearing the browser cache or try in incognito window?

Tried that just now and I’m still getting the same error message.

To check which folders’ tasks the user can see -
curl --location 'https://cloud.uipath.com/<ACCOUNT-NAME>/<TENANT-NAME>/orchestrator_/api/FoldersNavigation/GetFoldersWithPermissions?mandatoryPermissions=Tasks.View' --header 'Authorization: Bearer <AUTH-TOKEN>'
The user should be able to see the tasks from the folders appearing in the response.

To check which folders’ tasks the user can be assigned -

curl --location 'https://cloud.uipath.com/<ACCOUNT-NAME>/<TENANT-NAME>/orchestrator_/api/FoldersNavigation/GetFoldersWithPermissions?mandatoryPermissions=Tasks.View&mandatoryPermissions=Tasks.Edit' --header 'Authorization: Bearer <AUTH-TOKEN>'

The user can be assigned the tasks from the folders appearing in the response.

<ACCOUNT-NAME> and <TENANT-NAME> should be replaced with actual values. <AUTH-TOKEN> can be obtained by opening browser dev tools and copying the Authorization header.

The you can retrieve from browser headerseither from Orchestrator either from Swagger.

Try to add these roles for your impacted robot/user account in Orchestrator:

Allow to be Automation User at the Tenant level
and
Automation User at the folder level (in the folder where the process is present)

The users have had both of the roles since the start of this issue. Allow to be Automation User and Automation User at the respective levels.

I’m still trying to get the above portion to work correctly.

Hello, is the person you are trying to assign already connected to Action?

Sometimes I tried to assign someone who never knows how to connect and I got the same error

I was able to get this issue resolved by adding the Group to the highest folder level. The users were only added at the lowest folder level in hopes of limiting what actions they would see.

We are able to assign actions but now the users can see all actions in any folder. Anyone have a solve for limiting user access to each folder?

I was able to solve this issue by creating a group and adding it at the lowest folder level. I tried assigning the individual user at the lowest level but it wouldn’t let assign actions to the user. Now I am able to assign the users actions and they only see the actions in the folder their group is assigned to.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.