Access Denied Exception

Scenario: Access is Denied

Steps to reproduce: Run Workflow

Current Behavior: {“message”:“Executor start process failed, reason System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))\r\n at UiPath.UiSystemClass.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String bstrUser, String bstrPassword, UiOpenSessionFlags nFlags, String bstrApplication, String bstrAppArguments, Int32 nDelayMs, Int32 userToken, UiGenericOptions options)\r\n at UiPath.Core.Setup.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String username, String password, OpenSessionFlags flags, String application, String arguments, Int32 userToken, Int32 preferredWidth, Int32 preferredHeight, Int32 preferredDepth)\r\n at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.StartProcessInSession(Guid executorInstanceId, String username, String password, OpenSessionInfo sessionInfo, IntPtr userToken)\r\n at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()”,“level”:“Error”,“timeStamp”:“2017-10-23T05:51:34.7296524-04:00”}

Expected Behavior: It should run

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: UiPath Studio 2017.1.6435

Last stable behavior: 20th Oct,2017
Last stable version:UiPath Studio 2017.1.6435
OS Version:Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

@badita, @ddpadil, @andrzej.kniola. Please help guys!

Hey @jibanjyoti

I guess you are trying to run it from different user account.

Try to repair with current user account then it will work for you or repair will set the access right issues at the background.

Regards…!!
Aksh

3 Likes

Hey guys, Even I had the same issue initially. I fixed for myself. Sharing my experience so that if any one of you have the same issue then will fix an isssue for you guys too.

Reason for my issue: I did not had password set for my windows system and same I did not provide in UiPath Orchestrator robot section.

Hence, Solved by setting up a password to my windows system and updated the same in UiPath Orchestrator robot section. After successfully setting password it worked flawlessly.

Hope it could help some.

Thanks,
Pavan

7 Likes

Por favor !! Necesito ayuda con este problema.
Me esta pasando lo mismo,

Main has thrown an exception

Message: Executor start process failed, reason System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at UiPath.UiSystemClass.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String bstrUser, String bstrPassword, UiOpenSessionFlags nFlags, String bstrApplication, String bstrAppArguments, Int32 nDelayMs, Int32 userToken, UiGenericOptions options)
at UiPath.Core.Setup.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String username, String password, OpenSessionFlags flags, String application, String arguments, Int32 userToken, Int32 preferredWidth, Int32 preferredHeight, Int32 preferredDepth)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.StartProcessInSession(Guid executorInstanceId, String username, String password, OpenSessionInfo sessionInfo, IntPtr userToken)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()

Exception Type: Exception

He dado muchos permisos y persiste el problema, me podrían ayudar por favor ?

HELP ME, Please !!

1 Like

Nice Solution this one works for me as well. but how to can handle such scenario when user is not password protested ?

Dear Pavan,

I am having the same issue here. Could you please provide the step by step solution?
What do you mean that I need to set u password for my windows system? how do I do that?
Thank you so much.

Hey Nazarius, When you are trying to connect to another system from your local machine, you need to set the system password of that machine and then try to access that system, it is kind of recommended standards whenever you need to access another machine from your machine.

Step-1, set up a password to the machine which you want to integrate with Orchestrator(please refer: Windows Articles - dummies)
Step-2, updated the same in UiPath Orchestrator robot section and then try.

Please try the above steps and let me know.

Hi Pavan,

I have changed the password in the orchestrator the same as my pc account. But the problem still persists. Is there any other solution?
Thanks

Hey thank you, your solution worked for me.

Hola pudiste resolver? tengo un problema parecido

Hello
have you solved the prblem?
I hsve the same issue