Acces Shared mailbox via office365 activities

Hi,

I’m currently working on a project that involves me working with the office365 scope and a shared mailbox. (I have to work with this because of licenses and company preferences.) I can access the folder of the linked email account just fine. The problem is that when I try to access the shared mailbox with the get mail activity I get an error saying “Invalid mail folder name” I use “sharedMB@company.com\Inbox” to access the shared mailbox. I know for sure that the Inbox folder exists so that is not wrong. I check the spelling of everything used “/” instead of "". I tried “sharedMB\Inbox” which gives the same error. Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this problem? Or is it just not possible to access a shared mailbox via the office365 activities?
Thank you in advance for your help

Full error:
An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Office365Exception: Invalid mail folder name. Please ensure that this folder exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
at UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.Extensions.OutlookExtensions.d__0.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.Mail.GetMail.d__30.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivityImplementation.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskCodeActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Office365 activities documentation:

Can you please check this :slight_smile: . May be there are some spaces included in the folder name

1 Like

I tried different spaces “email\ Inbox” and "email\Inbox " still the same error I have a feeling I’m doing this wrong but I don’t know what

Just try copy and pasting the folder name, May be there are some spaces. You are missing them

1 Like

Oke I’m sorry apparently it was not possible to access a shared mailbox like that. The only way to do this by updating the office365 activities to the recently release version 1.1 this gives you the ability to select a different account and then select folders within that shared mailbox.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.