This practice session is incomplete and now accurate ( has anyone managed to get it done? even the completed solution is not working after changing value of the url variable
Practice 3 - Data Scraping & UI Elements
Extracting data from ACME
Create a process that automates extracting the data from ACME catalog page.
- Opens the IE browser on page
- Use Data Scraping wizards to extract the title and the description from the components from all the pages
- Save the extracted data into a CSV file
- Close browser
Practice 3 Solution
- Start the project as a Sequence and provide an annotation.
- Define a String variable and name it “acmeUrl”, with the default value “https://acme-test.uipath.com/account/login”.
- Use an ‘Open Browser’ activity and for the URL property use the variable created in step. Inside the container:
- Drag and drop a ‘Maximize Window’ activity;
- Use a ‘Find Element’ activity to ensure that, at runtime, the page is loaded before starting the Data Scraping. Use ‘Indicate on Screen’ and indicate the first catalog item on the webpage.
- Click the Data Scraping button in UiPath Studio in order to use the wizard for extracting the data from this page.
- Indicate the title of the first element (‘Google GSuite’), click Next (Wizard window) and indicate ‘Abbyy – Flexicapture Connector’. Then you can configure columns: check Extract Url and rename the columns : “Title” (instead of Column 1) and “URL” (instead of Column 2).
- Click ‘Extract Correlated Data’, indicate on screen the ‘Google GSuite’ description, Click Next (Wizard window) and indicate the ‘Abbyy – Flexicapture Connector’ description. Rename the column to “Description”;
- Move (using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V) the ‘Extract Structured Data’ activity that was generated from the Data Scraping sequence, into ‘Open Browser’ scope. Change the scope of the variable ‘ExtractDataTable’ from ‘Data Scraping’ to ‘AcmeCatalogSequence’. Delete the unused ‘Data Scraping’ sequence.
Drag and Drop a ‘Write CSV’ activity, configure the filename (“AcmeCatalog.CSV”) and the datatable name (“ExtractDataTable”).
Drag and Drop a ‘Close Tab’ activity, save and run the workflow.
Download the workflow below to see the complete solution.