Abbyy OCR activity error

Could you please help me in this?

@naitik.s @nadim.warsi Can anyone please reply on this??

I hope this thread helps:

I already have the license and engine.

@nadim.warsi The solution they are telling is to have the licensed version of engine. I already have it.

How about the instructions for activation:

Also can you share the trial key version mentioned?

@nadim.warsi Please see the screenshot

Once you run can you open(ctrl+k) your execution/studio logs and add the error trace here

@nadim.warsi This is the logs folder.
Logs.zip (400.0 KB)

What i see in the logs:

Error Error loading Abbyy engine System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {110020D2-0000-1056-976E-008048D53AE3} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Which msi have you used for installing? and what is your Windows version?

[@Mateus_Cruz @rflgrc14 expertise required]

@FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY
Just to confirm: Did you obtain you ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine license from UiPath?
I’m asking this because the IntelligentOCR activities only work with licenses issued by UiPath.

@FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY

in Load Image is the path correct?

This error usually shows up when some value is null in the workflow and is being called to do something

run in debug mode and see the values of variables upto the error…

1 Like

Yes. I got it from UiPath Team.

Yeah. The path is correct. Please see the screenshot of debug mode:

I have installed the Engine from the link given by UiPath team.
" Abbyy Flexicapture Engine:

Download link: https://download.uipath.com/3rdParty/Abbyy.FlexiCapture.Engine.zip

Open elevated cmd in the folder where you extracted the archive and run:

setup.exe /qb /v INSTALLDIR="C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\SDK\12\FlexiCapture Engine" FCE=Yes PDF=Yes SN=serialkey

In cmd navigate to "bin" folder in the installation folder of Abby (on my machine is C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\SDK\12\FlexiCapture Engine) and execute

LicenseManager.exe /SilentActivation /SN:serialkey

Open Studio and use Abbyy FCE Activities. For the moment, the activity is working only with the default values for Scale and Profile properties.

Abbyy Flexicapture Standalone:

Download from: https://download.uipath.com/3rdParty/Abbyy.Flexicapture.Standalone.exe

Follow setup installation instructions after running the file.

Copy TextGraphicsTypeDetection.clc to the folder C:\Program Files\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12\Patterns if there are error messages related to this file.

Open the License Manager (located in the same folder as FlexiLayout Studio, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12) and enter your serial key."

My windows version is windows 10.

You need to use Intelligent OCR activities

Have a look at this Please and compare

Abby_Demo.xaml (6.5 KB)

When I run this program, I got the following error.

yes it wont run , its set to a default, you need to configure the activities as per your environment (license)

This is just to show the flow and the activities required

The input for the Abby is a .fcdot file which is generated by the admin console of FlexiEngine, while the template itself is made in the studio (which serves as input for the Felxi Engine>.fcdot file)

The input for the Abby is a .fcdot file which is generated by the admin console of FlexiEngine, while the template itself is made in the studio (which serves as input for the Felxi Engine>.fcdot file)

could you please explain the same in detail.

1 Like

One of the screenshots you sent shows an error from the ABBYY OCR activity, which uses the ABBYY FineReader Engine.
On the other hand, it seems you have received an email with the instructions for installation of ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine, which is a different product.

The error “Failed to run non-developer licenses in developer library” usually comes up when using a key that was not provided by UiPath, which is not your case, so there might be a problem with that license in particular. I’d recommend you to contact UiPath’s technical support directly to solve this: Contact Technical Support

2 Likes