Abbyy FineReader installation is necessary to work with Abbyy cloud OCR

How long Abbyy cloud OCR trail version works .and is it necessary to have installation of Abbyy FineReader to work Abbyy cloud ocr successfully and can any one help me with an real time example how to work with Abbyy cloud ocr

1 Like

Hi @KiranPadma.

ABBYY Cloud OCR Trial Version only comes with free 50 pages.

Then there is a dashboard in the ABBYY Cloud OCR that provides the credentials that you will use in the ABBYY Cloud OCR engine in UiPath.

Hope this helps.
Thanks and regards :slight_smile:

Actually we didn’t take any licence for the abbyy ocr so first we want to make trail how it works so for that information at present we are using trail version .

1 Like

And i have tried to extract content which was present in the image to text format in notepad which was given by the Abbyy cloud OCR sample pictures. but final output in the notepad is obtaining in the form of json format , thank for your response.

1 Like

Oh got it. I tried it with a PDF document.
Can you send me the image so that I can try it? Thanks :slight_smile:

this image is given by the Abbyy cloud ocr trail version only.

1 Like

Hi @KiranPadma.

Mine’s working fine.

Please do these steps:

1. Use Load Image activity. Store the output in a image variable (let’s say imgTrial is the variable name.
  2. Use ABBYY Cloud OCR. Set the input as imgTrial. Fill the Application ID, Password and ServerURL, and store the output (the Text not the Result) in a string variable (let’s say strTrial is the variable name).
  3. Use Write Text File activity. Set the file name and the Input should be strTrial.

Hope this helps.
Thanks and regards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Jan_Brian_Despi
Yes really working , finally i got the result from your approach.
Thanks & Regards :smiley:

1 Like

No problem.
Feel free to approach me anytime.
Cheers!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.