Abbyy Finereader 14 w/ FTP

Hi there,

Recently downloaded the Community Ed of UI Path. I have a license for ABBYY Finereader 14. Is there a downloadable activity/module/gallery item that I can get up and running with a bot that OCR’s all pdf files contained in an ftp site (w/ password) and saves the resulting docx files to a subfolder on the ftp site?

@Daniel_Fischl

In order to use the ABBYY activities in UiPath Studio, it is necessary to have an ABBYY license issued by UiPath. It is a specific kind of license for those activities, so I’m afraid you won’t be able to use your existing Finereader 14 license with UiPath robots.
For more information about ABBYY licenses, please contact UiPath’s sales department.

About the process you mentioned, you can make a workflow using the FTP Download activity to obtain the PDF files, then reading them with Read PDF Text activity (if the PDFs are not images) or with Read PDF With OCR activity (if they are images). After that, use the Microsoft Word Append Text activity to write strings to a docx file. Finally, use the FTP Upload activity to upload them to the FTP server.