A server need to be restarted

studio

I have a list of servers in a excel file. I need to read the excel file and restart the servers.

I can read the excel and get the name of the server. Now, is there any built in function (or) activity that can be used for restarting servers?

hi @prasadt,

What kind of server are they and what is its scope.

Is it about restarting a server through an application, what exactly the prob is .

help us with some screen shots and give us an overall context of this issue.

Hi, this is a requirement as part of Code Deployment. After the Code is deployed, some QA Servers need to be restarted. The servers are windows based servers.

Hi,

I think you need to restart the servers with a Powershell script then you can call it in UiPath if you want. I don’t think there’s any UiPath built-in functions to control servers remotely like that, but Powershell can; I could be wrong though.

Regards.

My question was primarily because we can have UiPath Robots, logging into servers remotely. So, can’t they trigger ‘restart’ on the server?

Technically, you can make a UiPath bot remote into the server then perform the Restart action or Ctrl+Alt+Del (using Click or Keystroke automation). So maybe that’s what you are wanting? Alternatively, you can make a Batch or Powershell script that performs that action and call that.

Thanks.

Perfect, thank you for the guidance.