How to address "Error establishing a database connection" Or "Web server took too long to respond"
There might be several reason for “Error establishing a database connection”
- There is no connectivity between the web server and database server.
telnet [domain name or ip of database] [port]
telnet 192.168.0.10 443 or
telnet hostname 3389
- Port is required only if the database server is configured to use some custom port(different from 1433)
- In case telnet is not installed, Install telnet as below:
On Windows server:
Windows 7, 8. 10
Open Windows Start menu > Type "Control Panel" > Press Enter > “Programs” > "Programs and Features" > Turn Windows features on or off > Select "Telnet Client" > Press “OK"
- ODBC connection is not possible from orchestrator server to database server
If any problem occurs while connecting from there, get help from local database team/database administrator.
Follow the below steps for checking ODBC connection
- Click the Windows "Start" button and then click "Control Panel." Click "System and Security." Click "Administrative Tools" in the list of utilities. Double-click the icon labeled "Data Sources (ODBC)." A list of DSNs display.
- Click the DSN you want to test. Click the "Configure" button on the right side. The configurations for the DSN display.
- Click the "Test Connection" button. A message labeled "Success" displays when the connection test completes.
- Database server is down.