A little help at Assignment nr2 in Performer " Create Yearly Report"

Hello, if someone can help pls, when i download my reports from every month as says in the PDD file, my reports saves themselfs as excel files and i can t use no activity in my download bar down and i have to save the files in the Config file(don t know how to move them from Download Files), just don t really get it how to do that. If someone can help, i m strugling with this part for a few hours now.

in the download bar, that is how my files are saved.

There’s a few things you can do in this situation, I’ll help you get started with it since this is a training assignment and you shouldn’t have the answers just handed to you for free.

If you know your browser is automatically downloading to your downloads folder, you have two options, find out how to get your downloads folder path, or alter your browser settings. Personally, I would use the second option. Backend file movement is going to be more reliable than clicking save/save as buttons in the Chrome UI and playing with all the windows involved.

So to start, you can use the following command to assign the path of your Downloads folder to a string variable: Microsoft.Win32.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders", "{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}",String.Empty).ToString()

From there you’ll likely be able to handle the files and move them into your project root using relative paths such as "Input\Report Files". There are many file activities that exist within the base studio app that will help you move these files around. Keep in mind your downloads folder may not be empty when starting this process, I highly suggest using the System.IO.Directory methods to get an array of the files within it and clean it out beforehand… A clean work environment is a huge plus in RPA.

From there you can use more of the System.IO.Directory methods and their overrides to select the files you require from downloads and move them into your relative project directories. Then you’ll be able to compile all your reports into a single excel file, named appropriately, and move that file to something like "Output\Yearly Reports" for use in uploading in future steps.

EDITS: Formatting/Clarification