A Jobs 'View Logs' is Empty when viewing and attempting to download

When attempting to view logs for jobs, irrespective of the jobs status, the log is empty. The issue started 6 April 2021 around 4am Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10).

There is no error message just an empty log.

The jobs are running on the robot.

Please investigate UiPath.

Hi @gkennedy !
Welcome to UiPath Community :smile:
In order to understand more your situation, we need more information:

• what is your Orchestrator version ?
  • are you in Community or Enterprise version ? If Enterprise version, did you check if you have a problem with the database ?
  • how long have you been using the specific job, and was is always giving logs before the 6th April ?
  • depending on the orchestrator version used, when reading logs, did you check that all the filter are put to “All” ?
  • what is your Orchestrator version ? I’m not sure. The Version number is not visible in our Orchestrator.
  • are you in Community or Enterprise version ? If Enterprise version, did you check if you have a problem with the database ? Enterprise.
  • how long have you been using the specific job, and was is always giving logs before the 6th April ? Using current version of specific job for months. All processes/jobs are showing empty logs.
  • depending on the orchestrator version used, when reading logs, did you check that all the filter are put to “All” ? Yes. Filters are on All

Hello Hiba,

My answers are above. Get back to me with any issues or queries.

Regards,

Glen

To have your Orchestrator version:

(there is a version visible, if it’s not complete then: )

Now all processes and jobs are showing empty, but before was it the case ?

Alright if you’re in Enterprise version, that means that the company uses an sql server: you need to ask the tech to see if the database is alright, there might be a problem with logs; the tech might need to empty some of it

Hi Hiba,

The version is below. We must not have the enterprise version as we don’t have a SQL Server DB. The issue started on 06/04/2021 AEST (GMT+10).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Glen.

The issue started on 06/04/2021

image001.jpg

Interesting, indeed it’s in a Community version.
@Pablito have you ever heared of such issue ?

Hi @gkennedy,
Could you provide some evidence that the issue is about? Screenshots will be fine. I want to make sure that I understand the problem here.

Hi Pavel,

This issue is that ‘View Logs’ is empty when viewing in Orchestrator either when the job is running or completed. I’ve attached an example.

The log can be viewed using Uipath Open logs on the robot machine (i.e. DDHFMWS32).

So the robot is logging on the machine but those logs are not able to be viewed via Orchestrator.

The issue started on Tuesday 6th of April 2021.

If you need any further information please get back to me.

Regards,

Glen.

Orchestrator Job Completed but View Logs is Empty.docx (452 KB)

Really strange issue, indeed. As I assume you are running on the Enterprise license, right? If yes, then I suggest opening a ticket to our Technical Support. The support team might have additional questions or need a shadowing session so it might be a better approach to report this.