How to Use ComputerVision and OCR in an offline environment

Background:
We are currently trying to use ComputerVision and OCR in an offline environment (not connected to Orchestrator).

We tried to use the following guide but we were not able to make it work:

UiPath version: 2022.10.07 (Enterprise License)

Questions:

1. Are there missing steps in the guide above?
  2. Is there a separate guide for setting up offline OCR?
1 Like

@arisarnado

I hope this helps

https://docs.uipath.com/ai-fabric/v2022.4/docs/installing-computer-vision

cheers

1 Like

Hi!
Are you trying to setup an on prem server (separate server that needs GPU) or a local server (nuget package that runs on each robot using CPU, slower)?

1 Like

Hello Stefan,
We are trying to setup on a local server.

You can actually use this package to use Computer Vision on Local Server

1 Like

Is there any specific error you are encountering?
Is it regarding computer vision detection Or OCR?

Hello Stefan,

Are you trying to setup an on prem server (separate server that needs GPU) or a local server (nuget package that runs on each robot using CPU, slower)?

I would like to provide more details on my previous reply.

What we are trying to achieve is to run a UiPath project using nupkg w/ licensed UiPath Assistant that is not connected to an Orchestrator (offline).

Hello Dilip,

Can you tell me a link for the manual on how to use?

please find below link
Activities - About the local server package (uipath.com)

Hello Dilip,

Thank you for your response regarding Computer Vision on Local Server.

How about OCR? Can you also tell me how to setup in OCR in local server?

Hello @arisarnado ,
please find the link, it explains how you can use. Just to give an idea you have to set the UseLocalServer property to true as shown in the image for UiPath Document OCR

To: Dilip

We were able to use UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer.
However, we encountered the following error:

From UiPath IDE:
CV Screen Scope: Response from server is not valid

From UiPath.Studio.Project.log

17:43:36.1304 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.Project] [49] System.Exception: Error performing CV Detection: File or assembly 'cv_ocr_wrapper, Version=21.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null', or one of its dependencies failed to load. The specified file could not be found.
  ---> RemoteException wrapping System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'cv_ocr_wrapper, Version=21.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The specified file could not be found.

Question:
Can you tell us what lacking steps do we need to perform in order to make ComputerVision in local server work?

To: Dilip

We tried to create an application from scratch but this time, when we tried to click “Indicate on Screen”, the error dialog “Response from local server is not valid” is displayed.
Screenshot:

Error logged is the same as previous comment (cv_ocr_wrapper) but when we checked the file, it exists.

Are we missing some steps to configure/ use the UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer correctly?

Hey @arisarnado ,
please check the Troubleshooting section from the below link. Let me know if this helps!
Activities - About the local server package (uipath.com)

Hello Dilip,

Thank you for your response.

please check the Troubleshooting section from the below link

We added the folder “C:\Users\Administrator.nuget\packages\UiPath.computervision.localserver\23.4.0\build\net461” to the Exception list in Windows Defender. However, the error still occurred.

I guess the path is wrong, could you please use the below path
C:\Users\Administrator\.nuget\packages\UiPath.computervision.localserver\23.4.0\build\net461

I have added a slash after Administrator which is missing in your path.

Also, could you confirm if the Visual C++ Redistrubutables is installed?
If not use this link to download here.

Hi @arisarnado,
havig the same error here.
Did you resolve the problem?
Cheers