Uipath file is unable to open.. Whats the reason for this

It is not xaml file anymore

Hi @Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Right-click on the main file & open it with UiPath Studio. Also, you can set the XAML files to be opened in UiPath always.

Edit: You can do the settings like this:

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

Hi @Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Main, check, Sequence these are xaml files. Right click on xaml files and select “open with option” and select “UiPath studio”. Check the option which is highlited in the below picture.

I hope it helps!!

Im not getting that option even though it is installed on myserver

Hi @Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Click on more apps

And then go to the path you’ve installed your studio and select the UiPath

Another option, open your Studio, and open the project.json from the studio

Regards!

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

You can try to navigate to Settings>Default Apps>Choose Default apps by file type>Scroll till the .xaml or windows markup file type>set it to 'UiPath'

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

1. Right click on the file and click on options and select the default application as UiPath studio
    2… open UiPath studio and then select open and select the required file…you can open this way as well

Hope this helps

Cheers

I tried project.json but was read only can’t edit

So the problem is your project, check it

Regards

Its working on normal pc, but as soon as I shared it to server it is not working.
It says it has unresolved issues and one of the variable is unknown type unable to change also.

@mkankatala @arjunshenoy @fernando_zuluaga @Anil_G

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

May I know what server you are sharing and where or when is it failing…can you please peovide more details

Cheers

The server is an office server which is used to deploy script for other people to use.

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Ideally if other users want to use it are they not using through assistant or running through orchestrator?

Cheers

only by Assistant

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Can you show the exact error please …if ran from assistant you would get logs in orchestrator as well

Cheers

The problem is we can share anything from that server to vdi or local.

when I open that file in UiPath using .json or any means. Im getting an unknown variable error,
which I dont know why.

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Are you getting this error from studio or whie opening or while using assistant?

If studio then try renaming project.json and try owpnong mail.xaml so that prject.json is recreated

Cheers

I’ll try and let you know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.