Remove Junk Values

How to remove junk value which you see in the column of datatable. When I click on any cell then junk values are remove and shows spaces their.Please give me answer as soon as possible

strong text

HI,

How/ where did you get this workbook? It seems illegal data or encoding.

Regards,

Hi @Rajneesh_Kumar - Welcome to the UiPath community!

Are these junk values coming from a data table ? Can you explain the steps in detail where is this data coming from ?

This data is extracted from the word document with help of split method

@Rajneesh_Kumar Can you please check below link

Hi,

How did you split it? If possible, can you share text extracted from Word as txt file, using WriteTextFile activity?

Regards,

Hi @Rajneesh_Kumar ,

If you have tried with Word Application Scope activities, then do also check with the Other WordDocument activities if you are able to read the text without the junk characters.

I am extracting Candidate Name through split method
Split(lv_Read_Doc.Split(New String(){“Candidate Name”,“Nationality”},StringSplitOptions.None)(1),Environment.NewLine)

I am extracting Candidate name from the form through split method
Split(lv_Read_Doc.Split(New String(){“Candidate Name”,“Nationality”},StringSplitOptions.None)(1),Environment.NewLine)

I am extracting Candidate Name through split method

Hi,

Can you share content of lv_Read_Doc as txt file using WriteTextFile activity?

Regards,

HI,

Can you share it as not image but text file? It’s no problem if dummy data.

Regards,

TextFile.txt (2.8 KB)

@Rajneesh_Kumar ,

Was the reading of the document done using the activities shown below or was it done using the Word Application Scope activities ?

If you have not tried the above Read Text activity, then do check with it and let us know if you were able to also read without junk characters.

Do note that the above activities do not require the Word Application Scope.

Hi,

There are a lot of 0x07 cahracters as the following.

So, if you want to replace it to whitespace, can you try the following expression?

strData = strData.Replace(chr(7)," ")

If you need to remove it, the following will work.

strData = strData.Replace(chr(7),"")

Regards,

Thanks Arpan bhai I resolved my issue of junk values through the Read Text. But still I have a issue, When I extracted date and write into the excel then days replace with months of the date. For E.g.
Extracted Date = 04-08-2023
Excel Shows = 08-04-2023
How can I resolve this query please give some response of that.

Thanks @ushu for the quick response.

Thanks Yoichi

@Rajneesh_Kumar ,

We see that you’re initial query was resolved.

For this query, we would ask you to give more details as to how you are entering the data or date into the Excel sheet, but you could create a separate topic on it, as it is diverted from the initial requirement mentioned here and close this topic as well so that it would reach others who are facing the same issue.