Google blocks Gsuite

Hi, is there any way to get around this issue when connecting to gsuite?

@aquinn

Please check this

Cheers

is there a way if i do not have access to or have an administrators account?

@aquinn

Ideally if an app is blocked then admin needs to procide access…I dont think there is any other way…

You can try creating a app password but again that needs admin

Cheers

sometimes it accesses it fine but sometimes i get this error, thanks for your help ill look into it abit further

The gmail account I am using isnt linked to anything so how can i find out what the administrator email is?

@aquinn

Are you using your personal gmail account?

if yes then you are the admin for your workspace…you can go to the settings page of your google accounts

cheers

it is a personal gmail yes, how do i get to this page and what do I do when im there?

@aquinn

Go to accounts → Settings → Security → Here you will fidn app password …create that and use that to access the gsuite workspace

And then go to data and Privacy and under 3rd party enable access to 3rd party apps

cheers

it says it has access but it doesnt allow me

@aquinn

To access you can use only the app passwords instead of your original gmail password…so create an app password and try using it for authentication purposes

cheers

in here?

@aquinn

I guess you are under data and privacy…go to security tab…there you can find the app password option

Cheers

I am in the security tab and thats the only option for password

@aquinn

Can you please check

cheers

this is all I have i dont see that option

@aquinn

Are you using a google app?

Can you try opening your google account from browser and check the setting splease

Cheers

I am opening it in a browser

@aquinn

I guess 2 step verification is to be enabled for app password to be present

Please enable and check

Cheers

Ah okay thank you, not sure if i can do it with this account as more than one person uses it, thanks anyway

1 Like